Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why so low in google rankings?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

With a URL such as weatherinireland.com why is my site barely in the top 100 of search for 'weather in ireland' ?

My site is a google hosted blogger account which i redirect to from my domain hosting company, could this be the cause of the issue?

I don't expect to get that high in the rankings but I thought with a URL so related to the key word search that it would be a lot higher than it is.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Well all I can see is 404s everywhere, so that'll kill your ranking dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

tricky D wrote: »
    Well all I can see is 404s everywhere, so that'll kill your ranking dead.

That's just today as i am trying to redirect things so a few DNS changes!

Be back up in a bit hopefully!

Okay it is back online.

Any help would be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Okay it is back online.

Any help would be great. :)

As far as I'm aware Google have changed is so far as a URL with keywords in it doesn't benefit a website in terms of search anymore.

Also, quite a few grammar and spelling mistakes, needs to be eradicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pingpipe

It looks like you may still need to setup your MetaTags and Description, I think that you can do that from the "Settings"section of your control panel in Blogger, there's also instructions on how to do for each page that in Blogger on the Google Sites page

• Advertisement

Sútalún wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware Google have changed is so far as a URL with keywords in it doesn't benefit a website in terms of search anymore.

Also, quite a few grammar and spelling mistakes, needs to be eradicated.

I don't think my poor grammear is eaffecting my google ranking tbh :pac:

pingpipe wrote: »
    It looks like you may still need to setup your MetaTags and Description, I think that you can do that from the "Settings"section of your control panel in Blogger, there's also instructions on how to do for each page that in Blogger on the Google Sites page

Well that helps, i never had the MetaTags on at all never mind on each page!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

McAfee is throwing up a warning for me, blocked content fro suspicious sites?
    the warning is on todays extremes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sútalún wrote: »
    They are still important in URLs.
    Well that helps, i never had the MetaTags on at all never mind on each page!
    Description tag is important but keywords are pretty much ignored except for Bing using them to identify keyword spamming.
    mayo.mick wrote: »
    McAfee is throwing up a warning for me, blocked content fro suspicious sites?
    the warning is on todays extremes.

That's a rank killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

My site is a google hosted blogger account which i redirect to from my domain hosting company, could this be the cause of the issue?

This is not intrinsically a problem: I run several sites with a setup like this, and am front page, if not in top 2-3 results, for some keywords - including some where I am competing with the likes of buseireann.ie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement