Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smokex.ie charger fail

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, impressed with this e-cig, even got grudging "not bad" from my pack-a-day- father.
    But it needs to be fool proof:
    The smokes I got from starter pack were fine for several days till the battery ran out so I stuck it in a socket overnight.
    Since then the yoke gives me less than 1 nights worth of puff before conking out, so I checked out the (sparse) documentation regarding said yoke.
    Which says something along the lines of "battery may be damaged if overcharged", so I'm presuming the battery is knacked now.
    Come on - is it so hard to put safeguards in the charger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Short answer: No, it is not so hard to put safeguards in the charger.

Long answer: Even though what you've bought would be well-placed on our "do-not-buy" list and you've overpaid for the pleasure, yes, ecigs in general need more advancements re: fool-proofing.

There are better devices out there that do have safe chargers and batteries but you have to know what to look for to avoid cowboys like smokex (most companies touting those cig-sized ecigs at inflated prices are - surprisingly - not the least bit interested in vaping, they just want fast cash for four-year-old tech).
    Luckily you're on a vaping forum filled with vaping nerds! If you need any advice on what to buy so you don't get stuck with a sack of shït just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

grindle wrote: »
    If you need any advice on what to buy so you don't get stuck with a sack of shït just ask.

+1 :D

That gave me a laugh grindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

If only I'd known about this forum first. Anyway, at least I won't be throwing good money after bad.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

FYI, its not nessesarily overcharging was the problem, simply vaping it to death can kill cig-alikes as well. You can sometimes recover lithium batteries by doing a full charge cycle, unplugging, fully charging and repeat 3 or 4 times.

However some of the small 510 chargers have an overcharge protection which prevents a fully charged battery charging a second time round thus preventing recovery.

But as they guys above said - they are pretty much junk ecigs compared to whats around elsewhere these days.

Advertisement