Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Greatest Moments - Thu 17-10-13 BBC 3@7pm

• 17-10-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

(Documentary)
    Time - 19:00 to 20:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Thursday 17th October on BBC 3

The Enemies. Series 1, episode 3.

Series taking viewers on a journey through time and space to relive action from the legendary sci-fi show, featuring exclusive interviews with key actors offering unique insights on the classic moments. The Doctor has faced a whole galaxy full of formidable foes. David Tennant and a host of stars including John Barrowman, Derek Jacobi, Zoe Wannamaker, Freema Agyeman and Sarah Parish look through the greatest moments of his deadliest enemies.
    (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Thanks for that. It says Episode 3 so obviously this is part of a series and I will have missed two episodes (curses!). Can anyone who has seen the previous episodes tell me if the series is spoilerific? I only ask because while I am up to date with all things Whovian myself, I am rewatching earlier Doctor Who episodes with my kids. They would like to watch this show tonight but I don't want any episodes they haven't seen spoiled. They are just about to get onto the
    Tennant episodes where The Master is reintroduced so I assume that will be mentioned tonight, as Derek Jacobi is on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

According to old tv guides, (waiting to be recycled)

Great Movie mistakes were on the 3rd@7pm & Top Gear was on last week,
    so you havent missed anything, as this looks like the Beeb put it on at random, god knows why, maybe this is the best one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It says Episode 3 so obviously this is part of a series and I will have missed two episodes (curses!). Can anyone who has seen the previous episodes tell me if the series is spoilerific? I only ask because while I am up to date with all things Whovian myself, I am rewatching earlier Doctor Who episodes with my kids. They would like to watch this show tonight but I don't want any episodes they haven't seen spoiled. They are just about to get onto the
    Tennant episodes where The Master is reintroduced so I assume that will be mentioned tonight, as Derek Jacobi is on it
    I can't remember specifics, the only thing I remember is that they only covered the revived series, nothing before 2005. And since they were originally broadcast in 2009, pretty much anything from 'Rose' to 'Planet of the Dead' could come up

You could also buy the 'Dreamland' DVD, which has all 3 episodes of this included on it, so they can see them whenever they've caught up enough to not have anything spoiled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks, i assumed they'd be on dvd, but wouldnt know which one, as between the Beeb & Watch they're putting on programmes leading upto the 50th, as i see Amazon have a preorder on the shows that are gonna be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Thanks for all that, guys. I think I'll order Dreamland, I haven't seen that myself so it seems like the best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Don't go in with too high an expectation. Dreamland's animation was a bit ropey. The story was set at a CBBC audience rather then a normal Doctor Who audience. (In fact 2 elements of this story returned in Series 4 of Sarah Jane Adventures.)
    Not exactly a lost classic I'm afraid but then again in 2009 any new Doctor Who on telly was most welcome.

Advertisement