Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-applying for deferred offer

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I received an offer from UCC in July and I decided to defer for the year so I could get myself properly organised for next year. I'll be reapplying for that in a few weeks and I'm wondering will I be getting a new CAO number or will it be the same as last years? If it's a different one will I have to give the new one to the admissions board at UCC or will they know who I am already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

According to the CAO handbook for 2014 you need to contact the relevant HEI admissions office to see if you need to submit a completely new CAO application. Page 5 of the 2014 handbook (available from CAO,) details the process for taking up a deferred place.

As a general rule you must:
    • Reapply through the CAO in 2014 and pay the appropriate application fee
    • Place the deferred course as your only choice on the application form
    • Indicate your deferral by ticking the deferred place indicator box on your application.

You will breach the conditions of your deferred place if you enter more that the single deferred course code on your application.
    If you have to submit a full application to CAO you will need to include the copies of the documents you submitted with your previous application also.

UCC will get this new info from CAO but a call to their admissions dept to double check would be no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Thanks very much. I called the admissions department and they confirmed that they will get the new information but I should also inform them of it just to make sure it's all correct.

Advertisement