Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Legend Owen Heary refused testimonial against Man Utd XI by the FAI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Using the excuse that he is amateur when he played most of his career as a full time pro is typically FAI. What's also typical is their refusal to answer any questions by the press.

Bohs XI v Shels XI will now take place at the end of the season instead. Hopefully a good turnout.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs v Shels is probably a more fitting game and will be attended by people who actually appreciated him as a player.

That said, he wouldn't have turned down the money generated from a Man United friendly

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shall be interesting to see what players line out for both sides. Match is to be played in Dalyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

John Delaney "the FAI boss" dont even know about football. Never kicked a ball once in his life. Pity about the testimonial being refused. I would have love to go and give him support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

It's an absolute farce, Delaney OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I sometimes think the FAI want to fail

I'm just sending a mail here to them, I suggest everyone do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Absolutely ridiculous way to treat a true great of LOI, petty in the extreme from the FAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I'm not a LOI fan but even I know who he is! Jesus those ****ers couldnt run a race let alone a Association.

• Advertisement

I'm just sending a mail here to them, I suggest everyone do the same.

Good Idea... Will do that !!! Email address from FAI website !!! Going into that now. Come on lads, give him a support,

Done it already. Will be expecting a reply and report back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

John Delaney "the FAI boss" dont even know about football. Never kicked a ball once in his life. Pity about the testimonial being refused. I would have love to go and give him support.

You can still go.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Another farce after the Limerick vs Barcelona affair.

I wish the clubs would just give them the fingers and go ahead with the game regardless.

I got a reply to my mail to the FAI, I can PM it to anyone here if they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Yes please.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I wouldn't mind seeing it, could you include the mail you sent too? Cheers

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

He played a good part of his career as a professional, only near the start and towards the end did he play as an amateur, so really what is the problem?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

iDave wrote: »
    I sometimes think the FAI want to fail

They are only an 'L' away!

They never cease to amaze me just how utterly ridiculous they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Would you minding sending me a pm as well cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Can you not just post the jist of it here? I'll take a PM if not please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

They really are a spiteful shower of feckers. Im sure if there was something in it for them it'd be no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

dsc_0232-1.jpg

521278_10151053018138829_1808928020_n-1.jpg

521340_10151053018328829_686182787_n-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would love to see that reply too, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Why not post it? You're getting a generic email they've sent to everybody who've complained about this farce.

The worst thing about it is it doesn't even fall into the category of not sanctioning games with an attendance of over 15,000. Realistically this game will max 5,000. It's just pure and utter spite from the FAIlure.

I like one please. Thanks.

Me too pm me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Id also like to see that reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'd love to see their reply too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

me too please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Far easier to just post it here. Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Good Idea... Will do that !!! Email address from FAI website !!! Going into that now. Come on lads, give him a support,

Done it already. Will be expecting a reply and report back.

You'll be waiting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Can you PM me that reply as well please. Just outta curiosity. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Man Utd XI......think we know that means, youth team and a smattering of vaguely familiar reserve players.

I think it's better that his peers from the two clubs where he spent most of his career get their chance to pay their tribute even if the gate will be lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

+1 on that email... I'm guinely shocked that they did reply!

(probably easier to post here tho)

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Man Utd XI......think we know that means, youth team and a smattering of vaguely familiar reserve players.

I think it's better that his peers from the two clubs where he spent most of his career get their chance to pay their tribute even if the gate will be lower.

As a United fan id still go, im sure others would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

As a United fan id still go, im sure others would.

There wasn't a huge turnout a couple of years ago when a United XI played Shams.

I think it'd be a nice send off for him to even play against a United team. Surely players he played with at Shels would've gotten involved anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

padd b1975 wrote: »

No guarantee that the Bohs v Shels game will get the go-ahead either. In the Herald article linked earlier it says the FAI haven't responded to the request for that game. It's incredible that Delaney gets 400K per year to preside over such a poorly run organisation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

aidan24326 wrote: »
    No guarantee that the Bohs v Shels game will get the go-ahead either. In the Herald article linked earlier it says the FAI haven't responded to the request for that game. It's incredible a disgrace Delaney gets 400K per year to preside over such a poorly run organisation.

fyp - every year they FAIl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm not a LOI fan but somebody in the FAI should have made the right call on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I'd like a look at that email too please.

• Advertisement

Wanted to run it past a mod before posting
    That information is not correct. The Club (Bohemians) have been granted a benefit match.

There are a number of other inaccuracies in the article you mention that we will be dealing with directly.

For your information, the club was also granted a benefit match against Manchester United for the same purpose prior to this but they subsequently withdrew it and apologised when it became apparent that Manchester United knew nothing about it.

Advertisement