Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre. Can I or Can't I

Options
  • 17-10-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi I live in North Kerry.I checked my line yesterday for fibre on Eircom webpage and got
    Congratulations!
    Your home can get our best value eFibre broadband bundles

But I am 2 kms  from the nearest cabinet and as far as I am aware it only extends out a km from cabinet.Can I or can't I ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If it says you can, then you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

gerryk wrote: »
    If it says you can, then you can.
    Have my doubts as I said 2 kms from nearest cab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

codie wrote: »
    Hi I live in North Kerry.I checked my line yesterday for fibre on Eircom webpage and got
    Congratulations!
    Your home can get our best value eFibre broadband bundles

But I am 2 kms  from the nearest cabinet and as far as I am aware it only extends out a km from cabinet.Can I or can't I ?
    Hi Codie
    If you PM us your land line number or full postal address we can check this for you.
    Tony

Pm sent

Hi ,Tony any news on that line check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi codie
    I did not receive your PM ??? may be an issue there, could you sent it again, sorry about this, I have checked thoroughly..
    Tony

Hi codie
    I did not receive your PM ??? may be an issue there, could you sent it again, sorry about this, I have checked thoroughly..
    Tony
    pm sent

Hi codie
    Tony
    pm sent
    Get that pm?

Seems like its even hard to get this done. Why is it there are so many people put off when they hear the word Eircom?I wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Seems like its even hard to get this done. Why is it there are so many people put off when they hear the word Eircom?I wonder

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi codie[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Apologies for this delay.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I've found your landline number in PM's and I'm sorry to confirm that efibre is not available to you at this moment in time.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Although the map says Listowell is efibre enabled, not all areas within Listowel can avail of the service as the map is for illustrative purpose only.[/font]
    Not all areas in Listowell will be able to avail of an upgrade but works to locations not currently enabled will be ongoing over the next year.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi codie

Apologies for this delay.

I've found your landline number in PM's and I'm sorry to confirm that efibre is not available to you at this moment in time.

Although the map says Listowell is efibre enabled, not all areas within Listowel can avail of the service as the map is for illustrative purpose only.

Not all areas in Listowell will be able to avail of an upgrade but works to locations not currently enabled will be ongoing over the next year.

Thanks

Al
    Ok thanks for reply.Thats gas.I have and will never have a hope in hell of getting fibre. Cables on my road are running under and over  the road from the nearest old cabinet and new fibre cabinets which is as I said 2 kms.Eircom are fooling themselves and people like me.How many people will go ahead and order to hear sorry the map is for illustrative purpose.Timewasting or what.Whats the point in entering your phone number into the fibre checker for at all.I will try the checker in 2020 again if I'm still around.Ye will surely sort the illustrative thing by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi codie

Apologies for this delay.

I've found your landline number in PM's and I'm sorry to confirm that efibre is not available to you at this moment in time.

Although the map says Listowell is efibre enabled, not all areas within Listowel can avail of the service as the map is for illustrative purpose only.

Thanks

Al
    Ok thanks for reply.Thats gas.I have and will never have a hope in hell of getting fibre. Cables on my road are running under and over  the road from the nearest old cabinet and new fibre cabinets which is as I said 2 kms.Eircom are fooling themselves and people like me.How many people will go ahead and order to hear sorry the map is for illustrative purpose.Timewasting or what.Whats the point in entering your phone number into the fibre checker for at all.I will try the checker in 2020 again if I'm still around.Ye will surely sort the illustrative thing by then.
    Hi codie

I can understand your feelings on this and I'm sorry I'm unable to offer better news.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement