Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with debt collection agency

Options
  • 17-10-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi

I was in touch with a debt collection agency in relation to an airtricity bill. Prior to first payment the hounded me with emails, i agreed to pay €20 a month which the accepted. Sent a €20 postal order 2 weeks ago, i emailed them twice since to see did the receive it and both times the didn't reply. What should i do in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

If you accept that you owe the money in the first place, then keep sending the €20pm as agreed. Note dates and keep copies of any correspondence. I wouldn't expect receipts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Did you send it by registered post?. If not it would be better to in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't see anything to be concerned about. Keep making payments and keeping clear records of them. Just because they have not yet replied is of no consequence really.

Advertisement