Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum line lenght for eFibre

Options
  • 17-10-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

What is the maximum line lenght for eFibre? Im currently approx 2 km from my nearest exchange, and getting 11mb/s in. When eFibre comes to my area (around jan-mar next year) would i benefit for it, or is the lenght of my line an issue here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

It's not the distance to the exchange you need to be concerned with, but the distance to the cabinet. Basically these cabinets are in a sense, extensions of the exchange. They are connected back to the exchange via fibre, and provide connectivity to customers via vDSL.
    You need to be <2km from your cabinet, so the first thing you need to determine is where you cabinet is, or indeed if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

gerryk wrote: »
    It's not the distance to the exchange you need to be concerned with, but the distance to the cabinet. Basically these cabinets are in a sense, extensions of the exchange. They are connected back to the exchange via fibre, and provide connectivity to customers via vDSL.
    You need to be <2km from your cabinet, so the first thing you need to determine is where you cabinet is, or indeed if there is one.
    Thanks, need to go and check the surrounding areas, if i can see a cabinet yet.. though they might not be installed yet, since its several months to go to the launch in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

gerryk wrote: »
    Thanks, no cabinets in my area yet when checking that map :(

Advertisement