Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nba.com & Yahoo 2013 Fantasty Basketball

• 17-10-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys i just set up a league The Air Up There (ID# 92763) draft is live on Sun Oct 27 7:30pm GMT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I created a team, but dont know how to join your league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey - can you give more details on this league?

Is it nba.com or yahoo run?
    Is there a password and what format is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

I would be interested in joining this as well. I couldn't see the league listed on the front page of the leagues so would you mind posting a link on it and I would join.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Hi All follow this link it says in the sign up email:

http://y.ahoo.it/IPHShDzW

Cheers Stab*City,

Just joined it there now. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

• Advertisement

Joined as well, but the time on Sunday doesn't suit me. I'll be out from 7 till around 11 ish... Any chance of moving draft time a few hours forward, or to that time on the Saturday night?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Joined as well, but the time on Sunday doesn't suit me. I'll be out from 7 till around 11 ish... Any chance of moving draft time a few hours forward, or to that time on the Saturday night?

Sure we can look at doing the draft this weekend whenever suits everyone. Any other suggestions just let me know.

Anytime at all suits me really so whatever ye decide is fine with me

Any time decided on yet lads. I'm looking forward to this, it's my 1st year playing fantasy basketball and although I don't expect to do well, it should be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'll give it a whirl. Would also prefer Saturday or Monday for the draft, as opposed to Sunday evening. Will be watching NFL on Sunday evening, so wouldn't be able to give it my full attention.

Edit: could do Sunday afternoon though fine.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    I'll give it a whirl. Would also prefer Saturday or Monday for the draft, as opposed to Sunday evening. Will be watching NFL on Sunday evening, so wouldn't be able to give it my full attention.

Edit: could do Sunday afternoon though fine.

Yeah, I could do tomorrow afternoon too. I'll post in the nba season forum to let others know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I think I'll be in auto draft mode, regardless of time! Unless it is on at the time stand, would prob suit me! Might be outta bed at that stage on a Sunday! Anyway first go at this fantasy basketball craic! But been following it this 8-9 years!

Any chance of an update on the time change Stab City?

How about 4 or 5? Or just post a time that suits and we pick the best suit?

Stab*City wrote: »
    How about 4 or 5? Or just post a time that suits and we pick the best suit?

Either time is perfect for me!

Ok so 5 o'clock. Going once.. Going Twice..

Last chance to join.. http://y.ahoo.it/IPHShDzW

And they are off.

Do you set your roster for the week, or could you change it every day? I'm more familiar with NFL fantasy, where you make your roster changes for the week, then they're locked in for the whole weekend.

But say, Deng played last night for me, and isn't playing tonight. Could I swap in Tyreke Evans at SF for tonight's games? Or is Deng now locked in to my SF spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Ya can change daily, each player locks out as their game starts! Go mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Another question regarding position limits...
    so, positions have a game limits?
    All the games played by your point guard eligible players at the PG position can't exceed 82? For example I have Rubio and Westbrook. The total amount of times I can play them in the PG position is 82, be it 80:2 or 41:41?

Another question regarding position limits...
    so, positions have a game limits?
    All the games played by your point guard eligible players at the PG position can't exceed 82? For example I have Rubio and Westbrook. The total amount of times I can play them in the PG position is 82, be it 80:2 or 41:41?

Ok yeah, so that stops you trying to double up games. So in my Deng-Tyreke example, I was wondering if you could take advantage of the Bulls playing game 1 one night, and the Pelicans playing their game 1 the next night, and get double points at the SF position.

You can, but it'll count 2/82 in your SF slot, so you don't really get an advantage.

Advertisement