If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PANASONIC TXP42GT60 - WHAT HIFI TV OF THE YEAR!

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:40am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

yep its that time of the year again - the What HiFi awards were announced this morning and Panasonic have almost a clean sweep on the TV awards.

The Panasonic TXP42GT60 has just won TV Product of the Year - probably the most important award - and we would have to agree with them it's a completecracker of a TV..

It's currently £999.95 / €1199.99 and available from stock with free Boardie delivery..

Panasonic%20TX-P42GT60B_0.jpg?itok=7AnLc-x1
    Thanks as ever and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Boardies,

yep its that time of the year again - the What HiFi awards were announced this morning and Panasonic have almost a clean sweep on the TV awards.

The Panasonic TXP42GT60 has just won TV Product of the Year - probably the most important award - and we would have to agree with them it's a completecracker of a TV..

It's currently £999.95 / €1199.99 and available from stock with free Boardie delivery..

Panasonic%20TX-P42GT60B_0.jpg?itok=7AnLc-x1
    Thanks as ever and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi lads,

Wad just wondering if you stock the Panasonic TX - P50GT60B.

Thanks
    Shaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Shaun, thanks for the reply.

We do stock the TXP50GT60 and it's as good as the 42" ! Amazing !

We can do this at £1199.95 with 5 year warranty and free delivery.

We do offer a pricebeat so if you can get the same TV with the 5 year, delivered for less then we can beat the price.

Many thanks

Dave

We do offer a pricebeat so if you can get the same TV with the 5 year, delivered for less then we can beat the price.

Many thanks

Dave

Cheers Dave,

What price is that in euros? Around €1350 -€1400.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

-gilly-09- wrote: »

Many thanks

Dave

Cheers Dave,

What price is that in euros? Around €1350 -€1400.

Thanks
    Hi Gilly,

You'd be looking at €1463.35 delivered.  We work of a set Euro rate here in the store.  Good thing is we can take payment in both Sterling and Euro so if your bank give a good rate for a sterling purchase then it may work out better to pay in Sterling.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Gilly,

You'd be looking at €1463.35 delivered.  We work of a set Euro rate here in the store.  Good thing is we can take payment in both Sterling and Euro so if your bank give a good rate for a sterling purchase then it may work out better to pay in Sterling.

Chris

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

In the Panasonic Boardie pricing thread it says it has free delivery on this tv. Is that finished or still available.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Gilly,

Chris

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

In the Panasonic Boardie pricing thread it says it has free delivery on this tv. Is that finished or still available.

Thanks
    [/quote]
    Hi Gilly.

The price of 1463.35 Euro above is including the free delivery.

Our in store Euro rate is a fixed .82 at the moment. We are more than happy to charge in sterling if the rate on the day is better than ours.

Hi Gilly.

Our in store Euro rate is a fixed .82 at the moment. We are more than happy to charge in sterling if the rate on the day is better than ours.

Ok grand,
    Its priced at 1399 in your other thread so just wondering what the increase in price is for.

Thanks

Hi Gilly.

Ok grand,
    Its priced at 1399 in your other thread so just wondering what the increase in price is for.

Thanks
    Hi Gilly,

My bad!  That thread slipped my mind.  €1,399.95 it is then :)

Chris

Hi Gilly,

Chris

Cool,

Pm me with details etc

Thank you

Hi Gilly,

Chris

Cool,

Pm me with details etc

Thank you
    Hi Gilly.

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi folks, does the 42" come with a 5 year warranty and are they 3D glasses included ?

Dermondo wrote: »
    Hi folks, does the 42" come with a 5 year warranty and are they 3D glasses included ?
    Hi Dermondo.

Yes it does come with the 5 year warranty and 2 pairs of glasses come in the box.

This is an amazing TV and one that I'd be more than happy to take home.

ATB

Dave

Sounds good indeed.

How does it personally compare with the previous model, the TXP42GT60, as a matter of interest ?

Sounds good indeed.

How does it personally compare with the previous model, the TXP42GT60, as a matter of interest ?

Dermondo wrote: »
    Sounds good indeed.

The new model has a much improved.

It's a totally different panel that's onboard the GT60 when the GT50 used the older panel.

This means that they have been able to improve the contrast levels, the motion processing is improved, the colours are better, the definition is sharper, the're more depth to the image, the 3D performance is improved, the smart system has been made a lot more intuitive etc etc.

The only draw back, they have dropped an HDMI port !

The GT60 is quite an improvement on the GT50 and it looks stunning !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Dave , how much in 55inch

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

k123456 wrote: »
    K123456,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we dont stock the GT60 in 55" - the closest we would have is the 55VT65 (drool..) which has just been further reduced to £1999.95 / €2349.99

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

Joh Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

K123456,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we dont stock the GT60 in 55" - the closest we would have is the 55VT65 (drool..) which has just been further reduced to £1999.95 / €2349.99

ATVB,

Joh Mc & Crew
    Thanks Joh Mc, would you have a link to it, pl

K123456,

ATVB,

Joh Mc & Crew
    Thanks Joh Mc, would you have a link to it, pl
    55VT65 Review: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panasonic-tx-p55vt65-review-50011105/

Panasonic site: http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/viera-televisions/plasma/tx-p55vt65b.html

What Hifi Awards - 55VT65 receives best 55" + TV overall:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p55vt65b

The review starts like this: "Best 55in+ TV, Awards 2013. A simply stunning screen that’s engaging to watch and comfortable to use – this is a great TV"

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

• Advertisement

Yes, that's the one !

Stunning.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dermondo, unfortunately that particular company don't have it in stock and they are calling me back as the price is not guaranteed.

I was initially told it was 1399 Euro but when I queried the price of 1099, they are checking and coming back to me.

I'll keep you posted.

ATB

Dave

Just an update, that price is for a display model so unfortunately I can't beat that price.

1199 Euro is a great price with delivery and 5 year guarantee.

ATB

Dave

Just an update, that price is for a display model so unfortunately I can't beat that price.

1199 Euro is a great price with delivery and 5 year guarantee.

ATB

Dave
    Hi,

I just checked again with that company (was super busy) and the price is €1099 for a brand new set, 5 year warranty 2 sets of glasses and free delivery, considering this I will have to take a rain check on this occasion.

Regards,
    Dermot 

Hi Dermot.

No problem.

I did ask them if they had any new ones and was told no, that the price was for the display one and they were not getting any more in.

The delivery was also 30 Euro to anywhere in Dublin.

Not sure where the problem lies here but their information is very confusing.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hiya, interested in the TXP50GT60 at €1,399.95. Am i right in saying its tuner can do Saorview also?

mbroaders wrote: »
    Hiya, interested in the TXP50GT60 at €1,399.95. Am i right in saying its tuner can do Saorview also?
    Hi Mbroaders.

Yip the 50GT60 will also pick up Saorview.

If you would like to place an order for one drop me a contact number via PM or give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Hey guys, sorry for dragging up an old thread, just wanted to enquire about the Panasonic tx-p42gt60: https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=&mode=0&categoryid=&sub=&productid=1405&c=1. What's the best price ye can do on this including delivery to Co.Cork?

• Advertisement

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry for dragging up an old thread, just wanted to enquire about the Panasonic tx-p42gt60: https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=&mode=0&categoryid=&sub=&productid=1405&c=1. What's the best price ye can do on this including delivery to Co.Cork?
    IT-Guy,

thanks for the post - we are down to our last 42GT60 which is a display unit and I'll clear that at just £899.95 with delivery at £39.95 to Cork.

Fantastic price for a fantastic TV!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.