Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PFAI Team of the year.

• 17-10-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭

Clarke (Pats);
    O’Brien (Pats), Browne (Pats), Boyle (Dundalk), Bermingham (Pats)
    Brennan (Pats), Bolger (Pats), Horgan (Cork), Towell (Dundalk)
    Hoban (Dundalk), Patterson (Derry)

Towell and Hoban have been shortlisted for the Player of the Year award along with Greg Bolger and Killian Brennan of champions St Patrick’s Athletic. The duo are also in contention for the Young Player of the Year award, along with Cork City’s Daryl Horgan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I think this is fairly spot on. I maybe would have had a different keeper in instead of Clarke but you can't argue with his clean sheet record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bit of the Kool Aid around Horgan IMO. A good player no doubt, and would hate to see him play for someone else, but he blows very hot and cold.

That said, he is probably still the CCFC player of the season.

gimmick wrote: »
    Bit of the Kool Aid around Horgan IMO. A good player no doubt, and would hate to see him play for someone else, but he blows very hot and cold.

That said, he is probably still the CCFC player of the season.

Well it's coming from the other players so lads that have to mark him and play against him. He's looked very good any time I've seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Good man Andy Boyle, deemed surplus to requirements by Alan Mathews at Shels. I remember in his first half season with Shels I used to cover my eyes every time he got the ball, now he just seems so composed on the ball.

F**CK OFF MATHEWS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Can't complain with Pats making up the majority of the team especially at the back. The clean sheet record speaks for itself. Greg Bolger player of the year for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Good man Andy Boyle, deemed surplus to requirements by Alan Mathews at Shels. I remember in his first half season with Shels I used to cover my eyes every time he got the ball, now he just seems so composed on the ball.

F**CK OFF MATHEWS!

Me too because he was a young centre half playing in the prem. Overall I thought he was good and only going to get better. Obviously Matthews thought different as he did with Conan Byrne, David Cassidy, Paddy Kavanagh, Kevin Dawson, Barry Clancy, Philly Gorman etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

doncarlos wrote: »
    Well it's coming from the other players so lads that have to mark him and play against him. He's looked very good any time I've seen him.

Ya, fair point.

F**CK OFF MATHEWS!

He has benefited from having decent experienced lads beside him, firstly Rossiter and then Gartland. I'm actually surprised he got picked in team of the year as I thought he flew under the radar a good bit. He has been excellent for us though and hasn't made a mistake all season. Solid as a rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

If Djilali hadn't had such a slow start he'd be a shoo in for the team and a contender for POTY.

Rogers for Clark. Other than that no complaints.

Brennan POTY, Towell young POTY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Is the first division team out?

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Is the first division team out?

Goalkeeper: Paul Skinner (Athlone Town)

Defenders: Gavin Kavanagh (Waterford Utd) Aidan Collins (Athlone Town) Noel Haverty (Longford Town) Tom King (Mervue Utd)

Midfielders: Mark Hughes (Athlone Town) Graham Kelly (Athlone Town) Barry O’Mahony (Mervue Utd) Ryan Manning (Mervue Utd)

Forwards: Philip Gorman (Athlone Town) David O’Sullivan (Longford Town)

Player of the year:
    Philip Gorman (Athlone Town)
    David O’Sullivan (Longford Town)
    Aidan Collins (Athlone Town)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would have had Barry Ryan in goal and maybe Kilduff up front, although he didn't do much in the first half of the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

doncarlos wrote: »
    Goalkeeper: Paul Skinner (Athlone Town)

Defenders: Gavin Kavanagh (Waterford Utd) Aidan Collins (Athlone Town) Noel Haverty (Longford Town) Tom King (Mervue Utd)

Midfielders: Mark Hughes (Athlone Town) Graham Kelly (Athlone Town) Barry O’Mahony (Mervue Utd) Ryan Manning (Mervue Utd)

Forwards: Philip Gorman (Athlone Town) David O’Sullivan (Longford Town)

Player of the year:
    Philip Gorman (Athlone Town)
    David O’Sullivan (Longford Town)
    Aidan Collins (Athlone Town)

I'd have had Aido Collins as POTY, but can't really complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No Graham Gartland?

Dundalk's contingent on the team of the year have all re-signed for next season. :)

Surprised they've hung on to Towell but then I was surprised he signed for them in the first place.

Just cause they've signed doesn't mean they can't still sign for Shams by the way..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The PFAI team is what Croly used as his scouting system last season...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Just cause they've signed doesn't mean they can't still sign for Shams by the way..

Irelands Model Club can sign anyone they like

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Irelands Model Club can sign anyone they like

And still finish mid table

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Maybe being slightly biased here but I would have had Mulchahy in there.

Advertisement