Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Tip Exchange!

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

Much like the vanish tip exchange on Facebook, here's somewhere to leave tips or ask questions!

I'll start! Query: how do you get yellow poo stains out of white babygros? I used vanish on them and then put them in the machine but I'm worried the vanish will be rough on his skin. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I googled that before and surprisingly what worked was washing them normally and then hanging the clothes outside on the clothes line in direct sun light and the stains actually faded....don't know why or how but it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

bp wrote: »
    I googled that before and surprisingly what worked was washing them normally and then hanging the clothes outside on the clothes line in direct sun light and the stains actually faded....don't know why or how but it worked!

Hopefully the sun will shine today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I used ace or Milton and washed a second time...

The sun sounds so much easier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Direct sunlight!!!

Works every time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

It's the UV which also kills bacteria. Same reason blacks fade when line dried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Napisan is very good at removing stains, found in either detergent section or sometimes baby section (tesco)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It doesn't even need to be sunny, any natural light will do, it just takes less time in sunshine. It works for any biological stain, so tomato sauce, jam, etc will come out in light too.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

iguana wrote: »
    It doesn't even need to be sunny, any natural light will do, it just takes less time in sunshine. It works for any biological stain, so tomato sauce, jam, etc will come out in light too.

Ah, that would explain why I have had very few issues with stains! :)
    You learn something new everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

It's the UV which also kills bacteria. Same reason blacks fade when line dried.

Ah I never copped this, was getting annoyed with all my "grey clothes".

Yes I've heard the sunlight for organic stains as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

bp wrote: »

Agreed - I use cloth nappies and sunshine is the best thing for poo stains. Even hanging them in the window works, it doesn't have to be outside.

It also works for other organic stains like tomato juice.

• Advertisement

This thread has turned into the poo stain removal thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

nikpmup wrote: »
    This thread has turned into the poo stain removal thread :D

Let's face it, we all spend a lot of our time surrounded by and thinking about poo these days!!

Tru dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

i found just rinsing out and having a little scrub of the stain with some soap as soon as it happened would mean the stain comes out when it goes through the wash. I think if you leave it any time before washing it stains worse..

Advertisement