Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around Dorset Street

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi All,
    My wife is going for a job in around Mater hospital with an early start.
    Was wondering if there was any safe free parking in the area and how far away it would be.
    Alternatively, anybody know of parking in area with good daily rate.
    Dont appear to be any spaces in the area to rent ?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Practically all the streets around that area have paid parking.

Which side of the city will she be travelling in from ?

There is a free park & ride car-park at Whitehall church.

Then return bus fare to Dorset St. would be €4.30 a day, or €3.80 with a

Leap Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

rx8 wrote: »
    Practically all the streets around that area have paid parking.

Which side of the city will she be travelling in from ?

There is a free park & ride car-park at Whitehall church.

Then return bus fare to Dorset St. would be €4.30 a day, or €3.80 with a

Leap Card.

Hi rx8,
    thanks for reply.
    she will be travelling in from northside alright but possible new job would have a start before 7.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I know there may be a few spaces in and around Leo Street? It's pay and display , not sure how much but I can check if you like because I don't live too far, and it's right behind the mater private. You may just wanna take a trip down there around the time she'd be looking to park, to see how many spaces there are etc as it is a residential area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

car park off dorset , think it is wellington street (side street that connects dorset st to mountjoy street beside delahuntys and meeting pint pubs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

car park off dorset , think it is wellington street (side street that connects dorset st to mountjoy street beside delahuntys and meeting pint pubs)

Yep, this is a grand, safe, car park. When I worked in the Mater (up to the end of last year) I'd park there on days I'd drive in. It was always €12 for the day or €6 for Mater staff. Bargain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

thanks to everybody for the replies.
    Parking for 6euro a day could be a goer.
    Street parking is not really an option as its normally 2 quid an hour at least and you have to go out every few hours to top it up.

Advertisement