Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Crew had rocks thrown at them in Waterford lastnight

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:55pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Utter scumbags attacking emergency services!

http://www.thejournal.ie/ifesa-anti-social-behaviour-waterford-fire-engine-1133489-Oct2013/
    FIRE ENGINE crew were stoned when the responded to a call-out last night in Waterford. This incident comes just one day after the Irish Fire and Emergency Services Association expressed their concerns about recent anti-social incidents involving fire service vehicles and personnel in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

This happens far more than is reported. Pretty much on a weekly basis all around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

a lot of idiots out there.I dont think this happened when I was young. what happened? Scumbags when I was young (im not old) didnt do stuff like that, didnt rob old ladies etc. we need more cells, more jails, longer sentences, more people locked up, more people doing proper community service, more social welfare cut for those engaging in crime etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Emergency Services should be legally allowed to have a sniper, to put down scum like this on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I dont understand this. You can imagine why scumbags would try and throw rocks at the Gardai becuase they dont respect them or maybe they locked them up before. ( I am not saying they should throw anything at the Gardai, just trying to understand their pea brained mentality)

But why would anybody throw rocks at the fire service or ambulance service ??

Numpteys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Max Powers wrote: »
    a lot of idiots out there.I dont think this happened when I was young. what happened? Scumbags when I was young (im not old) didnt do stuff like that, didnt rob old ladies etc. we need more cells, more jails, longer sentences, more people locked up, more people doing proper community service, more social welfare cut for those engaging in crime etc etc

They might not have attacked emergency services but they did attack other public services. The Imp bus was targeted quite regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Absolute a**holes to be honest.

The parents should be held responsible and made pay for the damage, if they had to pay this would stop overnight.

The law and legal system needs an overhaul bigtime.

These are the type of people who would call an ambulance for a small cut and are a drain on society. But are happy enough to attack the people that are there to save lives as at that time they are not in need of them for themselves the scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Max Powers wrote: »
    a lot of idiots out there.I dont think this happened when I was young. what happened? Scumbags when I was young (im not old) didnt do stuff like that, didnt rob old ladies etc.

This is nothing new. Scumbags have been stoning and attacking emergency services for decades now. 70's, 80's, 90's, Fire trucks were always attacked and stoned in scumbag ridden areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The cat o' nine tails should be introduced .
    Public floggings would soon put some manners into these filth mongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

This news is very disappointing.This sort of carry on is very common in Cork Limerick and Dublin.Normally Waterfords dodgy areas are nowhere near as bad as the dodgy areas in the other cities in Ireland.Let's hope it stay's that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Strituck wrote: »
    I dont understand this. You can imagine why scumbags would try and throw rocks at the Gardai becuase they dont respect them or maybe they locked them up before. ( I am not saying they should throw anything at the Gardai, just trying to understand their pea brained mentality)

But why would anybody throw rocks at the fire service or ambulance service ??

Numpteys.

Just like the Gardaí, the fire and ambulance services are seen as an extension of authority are therefore have to be 'rebelled' against. The fire and ambulance services are also soft targets and you can be sure that acts of violence against emergency personal are usually (though not always) carried out from a very safe distance.

Of course the very same people that carry out these criminal (not anti-social ) acts would be the first to criticise the emergency services if they are not available their immediate beck and call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

A couple of mates of mine are in the fire service and we were only talking about this the other night. It happens unfortunately regularly, one particular call saw them being delaying by these idiots while a family was trapped in a serious house fire. Imagine your family burned to death because someone was throwing stones and the fire truck and blocking them getting through!! It is deplorable on the highest levels and offenders should be punished to the full extent of the law and beyond if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Deise67

where was the incident ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Deise67 wrote: »
    where was the incident ?

Lisduggan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

I grew up in Waterford and never heard of this happening in the 80s wen I was a teenager - is it a new scumbag hobby? Pointless getting on to the parents, it's obvious they don't give a sh!te - no chance if getting them to pay either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    I grew up in Waterford and never heard of this happening in the 80s wen I was a teenager - is it a new scumbag hobby? Pointless getting on to the parents, it's obvious they don't give a sh!te - no chance if getting them to pay either.

Sure even if they were made pay, it would be from the free money the state give them....
    Parents should be made work it off..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Surveyor11 wrote: »

Depends how you g"get" onto the parents,

I'd like to see jail time for anyone over 17 caught doing this crap, if the person is under 17 then either fines or jail time for the parent.

Its their kid and has a parent its their job to control it, couple of cases of this being done to parents and you'll quickly see parents putting manners on their kids and warning them against doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

this is what happens when you live in a society where it's always "someone else's fault" for the problems in your life!!

Blame the guards, blame the church, blame the council, blame the government, blame the teachers, blame the "rich", blame the dept of social welfare, blame the HSE

This is what the liberal-lefties will say, when push comes to shove---"the parents are under pressure....nothing for the children to do...we must give them more money/resources"

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PARENTS BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S ACTIONS????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Cabaal wrote: »
    Depends how you g"get" onto the parents,

I'd like to see jail time for anyone over 17 caught doing this crap, if the person is under 17 then either fines or jail time for the parent.

Its their kid and has a parent its their job to control it, couple of cases of this being done to parents and you'll quickly see parents putting manners on their kids and warning them against doing it.

What about jail time for them. 12 to 17 year olds are getting a free ride ,knowing they can get away will stuff and there no real consequences for their behaviour ,
    oh then they hit 18 and their youth record is wiped clean. Fresh start :rolleyes:

Lisduggan

I thought it was Larchville?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

in the field behind the stores in Tesco on the edge of Larchville

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I thought it was Larchville?

says on wlr it was lisduggan area so that could include larchville too

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/192253-children-as-young-as-ten-attack-fire-tender-in-waterford-wlrfmnews.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Look, until mandatory sentencing is introduced nothing will change. Listening to that "oh they come from a deprived background" BS is wearing thin. Attacking our emergency crews should be ten years. No early release. Problem solved. Fcuking clowns whoever they are.

7upfree wrote: »
    Look, until mandatory sentencing is introduced nothing will change. Listening to that "oh they come from a deprived background" BS is wearing thin. Attacking our emergency crews should be ten years. No early release. Problem solved. Fcuking clowns whoever they are.

Climb down off that horse for a minute butty

why you quoting me? somebody just asked where it was and i provided a link to wlr i never said anything about coming from a deprived background

They need a good horse whipping.

Climb down off that horse for a minute butty

why you quoting me? somebody just asked where it was and i provided a link to wlr i never said anything about coming from a deprived background

Apologies. Not aimed at you Moose. Just venting. These bastards, as Finbarr says, need horse whipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Complete utter scumballs-the parents should be held accountable and made pay for any damage that was done-in cases like this where kids/teenagers are engaging in anti social welfare behaviour by damaging property the parents should be forced to pay for any damage their kids/teenagers caused maybe by stopping and deducting money at source on the parents to pay for damages might make them put some manners on their kids so they wont damaging property in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They should have turned the hoses on them.

shockwave wrote: »
    They should have turned the hoses on them.

Ah sure then you'd have "fire crews attack innocent youths".....

• Advertisement
Advertisement