Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danske personal loans experience?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any experience with getting a personal loan from Danske recently. My car has failed its NCT retest and the mechanic has said it's not worth fixing :(

When speaking to the guy in the phone today he said there were three main criteria that they looked at:
    - permanent full time employment for at least 5yrs
    - enough money to repay the loan after other commitments
    - no returned direct debits in the past 12 mths.

I meet the first two criteria however i had a direct debit that i stuffed up on in Aug where i was out by a day of when it was due. I had the money in another account and didn't transfer it in time :(

I got the impression from the phone that the guy was trying to put me off applying as a result of this, however we have scheduled the meeting to go through everything and i have more than enough money left over each month to pay for it. I have had two previous personal loans from Danske when they were NIB and repayed both back early, inc one of a similiar amount to what i am looking for.

Just wondering if i should apply with another bank but i don't really have any relationship with other banks (is this a posiitive or negative?). My savings were with Ulster bank but that account is now empty as i have just moved into the house i bought (such bad timing for the car to fail) and my mortgage is with AIB. The advisor said that if my application is rejected it might affect my credit rating so wondering if it worth persuing with them at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

I don't think Danske are chasing custom here from personal customers anymore. You might be as well to see what other banks offer and check the interest rates too etc.

I am with Danske myself and I know they offer a very limited service and reducing it gradually.

Many people I have discussed this with hold the same view - that Danske will eventually wind down their personal banking service and focus on SME and corporate banking.

Every time a credit check is done it is recorded on your ICB record. If you apply to 3 banks then three entries will appear for about six months after which point they drop off. I dont think a refusal is recorded but when a relationship exists the payments are recorded so if you miss one payment that will show up with a 0 beside the relevant month.

You can always request a copy of your ICB credit report for 6.35 - it will show any queries made in the past six months and any loans over the past five years including the payment history.

Advertisement