Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 to 3

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am considering having a 3rd child... eeek. This seems to be a big decision to a lot of people & interested to hear from people who had a 3rd what the pro's & cons are.. Im pretty sure I would never regret any child & as I absolutely love being a mum. But obviously its bloody hard work! I have 2 under 3 at the moment so would be thinking of having another in the next year or so. What are the good & bad things about adding a 3rd child?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Well just thinking of practicalities ... Have you considered that you'll need to buy a much bigger car? All your kids will need to be in carseats so you wouldn't fit 3 carseats in the back of a regular car.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I'm going to follow this thread as going through the same at the minute-2 lovely girls but husband wants a third (not so much me though). What to do!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am currently going from 3 to 4:)
    Mine are 4,2 and 9 months.
    I did not find too much of a difference going from 2 to 3,I think going from 1 to 2 was worse.
    You do need a bigger car ,probably a 7 seater.
    Holidays are normally 2 adults and 2 kids
    3 loads of activites to go to..
    If you have someone minding them they need to drive your 7 seater for school runs etc or you can only leave 2 kids with someone.

The pros are a 3rd close together wiil be way easier then waiting a few years and getting out of the nappy stage getting a life back then having a baby.
    My older 2 love and adore their baby brother and are soo good at minding him and playing with him.

Advertisement