Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - two contracts on the same line

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on the following situation.

I have recently moved out of Ireland and somebody else took over my flat. As I left quite suddenly I let her deal with changing contracts on her name etc. Everything went smoothly except for UPC.

The new tenant called UPC told them the old contract needs to be cancelled and asked for a new contract on her name. She was sent in new equipment and got everything installed. UPC started to bill her but they also continued to issue bills on my name as well.

This took me by surprise as I have been living in that apartment for 5 years and had several flatmates. When my previous flatmate moved out (UPC was on his name) I called UPC, they came in to take the old equipment and bring a new one, signed a new contract on my name and that was it. I would have expected this time to be the same but apparently it is not.

I have called UPC to cancel my contract and asked them how it is possible to have two contracts on the same line at the same address and both be billed at the same time and they said it is possible. My old apartment only has one box where you can actually connect the whole thing so this sounds very strange to me.

Now I'm supposed to pay all the bills that were issued on my name since August when I moved out although I haven't been living there anymore, I received no service and the current tenant paid all the bills on the new contract that was issued.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I suppose a lesson learned here, you should have cancelled the contract yourself when you left. On the other hand if you don't live there any more what exactly can they do, cut you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You've left the country, I wouldn't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Would you like me to move this thread to the Talk to UPC forum to see if the reps there can help?

My initial thoughts are that this other person isn't entitled to cancel the contract on your behalf. This is because you are the account holder and only you, or your nominated representatives, can cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

Madame C wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on the following situation.

I have recently moved out of Ireland and somebody else took over my flat. As I left quite suddenly I let her deal with changing contracts on her name etc. Everything went smoothly except for UPC.

The new tenant called UPC told them the old contract needs to be cancelled and asked for a new contract on her name. She was sent in new equipment and got everything installed. UPC started to bill her but they also continued to issue bills on my name as well.

This took me by surprise as I have been living in that apartment for 5 years and had several flatmates. When my previous flatmate moved out (UPC was on his name) I called UPC, they came in to take the old equipment and bring a new one, signed a new contract on my name and that was it. I would have expected this time to be the same but apparently it is not.

I have called UPC to cancel my contract and asked them how it is possible to have two contracts on the same line at the same address and both be billed at the same time and they said it is possible. My old apartment only has one box where you can actually connect the whole thing so this sounds very strange to me.

Now I'm supposed to pay all the bills that were issued on my name since August when I moved out although I haven't been living there anymore, I received no service and the current tenant paid all the bills on the new contract that was issued.

Any thoughts ?

Hi there,

We would be happy to review this for you if you send a private message to our UPC: Reps account with your account number, or the full address if you don't have the account number available.

Thanks.

Advertisement