Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innokin itaste SVD or Vamo V5

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Thoughts anyone? Please and thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I have been looking at both as the next upgrade and I am leaning towards the SVD......but not committed at all as yet so am interested in what others have to say about this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I haven't had the v5 but owned a vamo before and while they look sturdy and can take being dropped there still poorly build. It's far too easy to damage the center pin (the o ring under it is rubbish)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ParaHappyman

colly10 wrote: »
    I haven't had the v5 but owned a vamo before and while they look sturdy and can take being dropped there still poorly build. It's far too easy to damage the center pin (the o ring under it is rubbish)

I have been looking at reviews etc flat out and in fairness there seems to be alot said about ****e threading and some problems with the vamo's alright! Now I own a vamo v3 and I do like it but I have had a few issues with ohms reading at 9.9 etc so to be honest I am veering towards the SVD! I know I probably don't need another add on but the buying of vaping gear bug has caught me bigtime :D That said though I am not sure which to get but as mentioned I am only realistically a few opinions away from placing the order for the SVD!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

A mechanical mod with a sigelei kick (or clone) is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Edit:First 9/10ths of post deleted because dePeatrick is a smelly bumhole.

SVD - just because of that fugly tapered edge on the Vamo.

Reply really appreciated and will look into all your info but for now as I am still after spending a life reading reviews etc and still gettn up to date with the whole vaping scene (even though its been 4 months!!!) I just want to try and stick a bit lower with all the add ons etc (god, so much to learn :P ) thanks again though!

grindle wrote: »
    Looks nice but performs badly, high voltage drop (though this wouldn't matter with a kick).

I'm not sure if it's because of the whole clone/counterfeit-goods aspect (although I'd doubt it, because most of those mods were "inspired" by others) or whether vendors thought that last wave of Sigelei's would be the best China could manage but the Chinese mods manufactured by HCigar, Rainbow Heaven and EHPro are on another level now, extremely cheap and totally unavailable unless we buy from Fasttech.

Did our guys invest too much in the first wave of copies?

Annnnnnnnnd OP, SVD - just because of that fugly tapered edge on the Vamo.

Cheers grindle! Jeez, would love to have another thread speaking more about what you mentioned above though, maybe another day?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That dePeatrick fecker's trying to wreck my buzzzzzzzzz!

Himself and vegas're marked off the Xmas list now, post-deleting bahhhhhhstuuuurrrrdssss.

Edit:First 9/10ths of post deleted because I have a smelly bumhole.

SVD - just because of that fugly tapered edge on the Vamo.

Aw jeez Grindle, way too much info........

Fairly decent overview/review of the SVD here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

That dePeatrick fecker's trying to wreck my buzzzzzzzzz!

Himself and vegas're marked off the Xmas list now, post-deleting bahhhhhhstuuuurrrrdssss.

I saw this, this disrespectful nonsense you say, just nine minutes after you post it - there's no deleting it now grindle (with a lower case 'g' - I give you HA!). No merry Xmas to you either! Deadly buuuzzz bud! Deadly!

Agree totally with this a mech mod with a kick is the way to go. The pins and electronic parts always go. Since I've switched to mechanical the only piece I've needed to replace was the kick

colly10 wrote: »
    Agree totally with this a mech mod with a kick is the way to go. The pins and electronic parts always go. Since I've switched to mechanical the only piece I've needed to replace was the kick
    I have been thinking about this and it makes a whole lot of sense, the only things that can go wrong (and will) are the switch and electronics so makes sense to buy a mod that these can be replaced fairly easily on.

What are you using yourself?

Edit: jut seen on another thread that you are using an RSST :)

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I have been thinking about this and it makes a whole lot of sense, the only things that can go wrong (and will) are the switch and electronics so makes sense to buy a mod that these can be replaced fairly easily on.

What are you using yourself?

Edit: jut seen on another thread that you are using an RSST :)

I'm using a roller mech mod with kick and RSST, planning on ordering the Kayfun lite tomorrow. The roller was pricy but a good investment, was disgusted spending over 100 on a vamo and zmax v3 to have to bin them not long after.

Every piece of the roller can be replaced and you can take the thing to pieces with nothing more than a coin and a knife. The contact is a screw as well which is better than the stupid flimsy pins that seem to be used on vv mods

Advertisement