Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Dog advice??

• 17-10-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I have a small dog, he is always shaking lately, and is a lot more aggressive and unresponsive to comands.
    Anybody know what could be wrong, or is this normal behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved from AH.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What breed is it (if you don't know post a picture please)?
    How old is it?
    Has anything changed recently (food, people in the house, new dogs on the walking path, routines at home etc.)?
    Have you taken it to the vet recently?
    Is it neutered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Anybody know what could be wrong, or is this normal behaviour?

OP, if this a sudden onset of a change in behaviour my first port of call would be get him checked at a vet. 2 of the symptoms you've described, behaviour change and trembling are on the recognised list of symptoms that a dog is in pain.

I would rule out medical issues first as his aggression may just be his way of telling you he's not feeling good.

How old is he? Has his appetite changed? Is he tender to touch anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Yorkshire terrier
    4/5 years old
    No changes that i know of, other dog is fine. It could be the weather?
    Not neutered or been to vet in over 6 months
    I will change diet if there is no improvement i will take him to the vet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'd take him to the vet first, a dog that's shaking, aggressive and unresponsive needs medical assessment.

• Advertisement

No limping or sensitivity to touch,
    There has been a change to his sleeping routine, he no longer sleeps in the bedroom

He comes across as more arrogant than unresponsive, he is house trained and gets on with the other dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    I will change diet if there is no improvement
    Is he eating ok though? No need to go changing his diet just yet if he's doing ok on what he's eating now. It doesn't sound like a diet related issue to me.

Are there fireworks going off yet for Halloween in your area?

Fireworks are rare and only in evening, I noticed the shaking mostly happens during the day when the OH is in work, could be missing the OH ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Can I ask why you originally posted this in After Hours? Its coming across as a bit odd, you have a dog thats constantly shaking, aggressive and unresponsive, but instead of taking it to a vet to see if there's a medical issue, you post in After Hours, a forum for banter and taking the proverbial.

If you won't take the dog to the vet, maybe phone them for advice, rather than seeking it on an internet forum off people that you know nothing about in terms of animal medical qualifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

muddypaws wrote: »
    Can I ask why you originally posted this in After Hours? Its coming across as a bit odd, you have a dog thats constantly shaking, aggressive and unresponsive, but instead of taking it to a vet to see if there's a medical issue, you post in After Hours, a forum for banter and taking the proverbial.

If you won't take the dog to the vet, maybe phone them for advice, rather than seeking it on an internet forum off people that you know nothing about in terms of animal medical qualifications.

Unfortunately a lot of boardsie noobs have the impression that AH IS Boards.

Advertisement