Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Connection, will efiber be possible?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

So according to the efiber roll out coverage map. My area will be getting it roughly around Jan 14"- March 14". But at the moment the line can only support up to 2.5mb.. 

Its been like this with little or no help from technicians for over a couple of years now. 
    Will the line be fixed by then, or is it just gonna be scrapped when they realize the area really cant use efiber? 

Or even while im here, is there any way you guys can contact the technicians and see if the lines can be upgraded to even 5mb's or just get fixed. 

I will include a Speedtest pic, just to show you how bad it is here. Also we are only 3miles from a town which can get highest speeds from all Broadband companies and will be getting efiber by the end of December 13".

3039106899.png

Look at that, slower then 93% of Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Akarinn wrote: »
    So according to the efiber roll out coverage map. My area will be getting it roughly around Jan 14"- March 14". But at the moment the line can only support up to 2.5mb.. 

Its been like this with little or no help from technicians for over a couple of years now. 
    Will the line be fixed by then, or is it just gonna be scrapped when they realize the area really cant use efiber? 

Or even while im here, is there any way you guys can contact the technicians and see if the lines can be upgraded to even 5mb's or just get fixed. 

I will include a Speedtest pic, just to show you how bad it is here. Also we are only 3miles from a town which can get highest speeds from all Broadband companies and will be getting efiber by the end of December 13".

3039106899.png

Look at that, slower then 93% of Ireland.
    Hi Akarinn

I checked your details you PM'd Al back in March. I checked with the efibre roll-out team they could give no more definitive time frame than December this year.

I checked the existing service and I am afraid given the distance from the exchange.

TRMA Exch. Code
    [RSU] TRIM E10

Roughly 3-4KM given the telephone lines are not laid in direct line of sight. The cuurent speeds are the best available.

Speed to the main socket:

Synced at: 1024kbps
    Provisioned: 160-1024kbps

Sorry I could not get back with any good news.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement