Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell and Back (Titan) - What to wear?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what clothes are best to wear for the Hell and Back race in a couple of weeks? As will be November probably gonna be cold.

Should you go for shorts or 3/4 lenghts?
    Compression gear, yes / no?

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

dosent really matter as ur gonna get wet,,,so prob not cotton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Get yourself some of that compression clothing. Under armour,skins etc plenty of cheaper alternatives.

You're gonna get wet and muddy and cold will set in if you're running around in soaking wet clothes like a t-shirt,jumper,track suit bottoms.

I wouldn't bother with 3/4 lengths or leggings if you don;t have them a pair of shorts and some htfu and you'll be right.

Make sure to bring some warm clothing for afterwards as you'll be cold although It's quite mild at the min so might not be to bad.

Good Luck and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Wear old running shoes, or at least ones that you won't be too sad about when they get destroyed. If possible a pair that water will evacuate quickly out of.

I'd go shorts rather than leggings. You will be submerged in water over your waist or higher in a couple of spots and you are not going to want to be carrying that cold an wet with you too long. In saying that, if you wear shorts you will get your legs scratched or a couple of friction burns so an anti-spepic wipe or two for after your hose down would be a great idea.

A compression top could be a good idea if its particularly cold. When I did Hell and Back in January it was marginally above freezing and there was a couple of spots where there was ice on the ground but if its not cold I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

I did the Apollo H&B and found the underfoot conditions very difficult. Even just running along i ended up on my a**e more than once. I was wondering, would anyone recommend wearing football boots for a bit of grip. Possibly moulded stud boots so that you aint in bits going up the mountain if you can stay on the grass along the side. Would it be very hard to get up over some of the walls with moulded boots on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    I did the Apollo H&B and found the underfoot conditions very difficult. Even just running along i ended up on my a**e more than once. I was wondering, would anyone recommend wearing football boots for a bit of grip. Possibly moulded stud boots so that you aint in bits going up the mountain if you can stay on the grass along the side. Would it be very hard to get up over some of the walls with moulded boots on?

I don't think I'd be running in football boots they'll be slippery and uncomfortable on the hard patches and climbing obstacles would be pretty much impossible. You'll never get up the ramp at the end for one.

Also if your studs dig in as you're coming down from the hill you could very easily sprain your ankle or worse thorn ligaments etc. Trail runners are your best bet if you have them or could borrow a pair.

Try running on the grass patches to the side you'll get a decent bit of grip on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Qwerty Dub wrote: »

They do say on the website that boots and spikes are prohibited. I did see a few people wearing them though in the past few events but I can't see how they are any advantages in wearing them.

When it comes to the walls and if there is a case that you need assistance to get over I wouldn't want to be the one who gives you bunt up if you have boots on.

Advertisement