Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows live mail autofill email address

Options
  • 17-10-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We were using outlook at work and when we setup a new machine it would not autofill email address when we started typing into the "to" box in a new mail.

Is this possible? We were using outlook 2007 and the next newer one also.

I am wondering if I can get it to work with "windows live mail" now....thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

As far as I am aware the autofill is based on messages sent on the specific computer. If it's a new machine then you haven't sent any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

FSL wrote: »
    As far as I am aware the autofill is based on messages sent on the specific computer. If it's a new machine then you haven't sent any.
    Correct, not to mention they need to make sure all available contacts from the previous machine are in the address book (if this is an Exchange setup, then it should be already full with the Global Address Book). Once done, simply go to send an email to all your contacts just to populate the To: field and close the draft - then next time, the autofill will work (except for contacts that were never stored but were emailed at some point).

Advertisement