Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT tax payed online but not acknowledged

Options
  • 17-10-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi there I payed my LPT tax for 2013 don t remember when 4-5 months ago and went today onto there website enter my pin logged In and there is still balance and said I have to return my tax whatever and pay 45 € for my apartment ...
    WTF is going on I payed with my debt/credit ncard and it went on my statement but tax people did t acknowledged at all , Neither I got recite or email confirmation or anything like that ?
    Is this government trying to trick me or what?
    I sent them email without replay at all??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Possible that it went into the wrong account or perhaps against the wrong address? Dig out that bank statement that shows that you paid the money somewhere and trace it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It is a complete sham that no receipts are issued for payment of the LPT. The same agency (Revenue) expects you to have a 7 year long paper trail awaiting audit at any time but can't be arsed issuing receipts themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

Called them on phone on Friday but they say if I payed just not to wary !
    And when asked to change outstanding balance they told me it is t possible !
    So I don t know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ikarie

Was reading the OP's post on the LPT when some letters came through the door
    One of which, shock, horror! Was an LPT statement for my gaff for 2014..
    For reply by 27 Nov 2013 as to method I will chose to pay the new installment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

ikarie wrote: »
    Was reading the OP's post on the LPT when some letters came through the door
    One of which, shock, horror! Was an LPT statement for my gaff for 2014..
    For reply by 27 Nov 2013 as to method I will chose to pay the new installment!

Me too, just called them, finally got through after 18 minutes to be told there was a mix up with my details and they needed to put me through to LImerick office but there was a further wait time of 15 minutes and they couldn't give me a direct line. I gave up before I lost the will to live altogether.

• Advertisement

Disgrace

How did this thread end up on banking/ insurance/ pensions?
    It was originally under Economy.. Buried I suppose util a few more letters arrive and someone starts a new thread.

Double post, bloody ipad.

I got replay on my Email after half of year saying to provide informations how LPd was paid , when I took my visa statement and gave them informations RF.NO and copy the statment them saying to me they still can not find money paid and I am still obliged to pay again !
    Well I ain't going to do that as I have my visa statment on witch specifically say who took money , amount and when!
    This place going crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That is crazy, reply saying that its to late to cancel the original payment so they will have to find the original one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not really a Banking/Insurance/Pension issue. Sending this over to Accommodation & Property where you might find home owners with similar experiences.

Advertisement