Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy this - 2nd hand xbox for daughter's christmas present

Options
  • 17-10-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi All,

My lovely daughter knows things are tight and would rather get a second hand xbox for christmas than none at all so I've been keeping an eye on all the sites for one.

I'm next in line for one for €100 and this is the ad - is it the right one?
    She would use it for games etc, and we would also use it for netflix.

Thanks for any advice anyone could give. :)

Description:

Selling xbox 360 arcade black,
    1 controller and120GB Hard-drive.

Comes with all leads.

This Xbox works perfectly, with no problems.
    The console is not banned from Xbox live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

If you know nothing about xbox's well then ask someone to come with you
    I do a full inspection if I'm buying any consoles of someone else

You have to make sure its not console banned, that it can read discs, and ask if the inside has been opened(theirs a seal on the inside so you'd be able to tell if its broken or not) for all you know he could of got a rrod and fixed it up temporarily just to sell,
    whats your budget if you don't mind me asking? because theirs plenty of retailers online and in shops who do second hand xboxs for cheapish with a game, at least you'll know then its working, and if it aint you'll have a receit :)

but if you want my honest opinion

100e for that is not worth it, id offer 80 at the most for it, anything higher is not worth the hassle , could get a little more for the 100e price

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi, thanks so much for your post 2Mad2BeMad.

I know sweet fa about xboxes, but don't know anyone else who does... I could go to 150 I guess, but I was hoping to get her sims 3 as well as she really wants it.

She's so good not to complain about getting it second hand anyway, I'd hate to get her one that wasn't right...

Maybe Game or someone like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hi, thanks so much for your post 2Mad2BeMad.

I know sweet fa about xboxes, but don't know anyone else who does... I could go to 150 I guess, but I was hoping to get her sims 3 as well as she really wants it.

She's so good not to complain about getting it second hand anyway, I'd hate to get her one that wasn't right...

Maybe Game or someone like that?

the sims 3 is quite old now, so their shouldnt be any problem with getting that really cheap, id say the most you'd pay for it would be 15e(second hand) but if you want to get her the game brand new you'd have to buy it online as they dont stock new sim3 games in stores anymore as its quite old.

well fair play to her for understanding you have a great little girl their :) not many kids would be too happy to open a box for christmas to find it used even though it doesnt really matter , as long as it works

you can get a nice 4gb sized xbox360 , it doesnt have alot of space on it, but seen as shes only young ( or seems to be young ) she wont use it all up , as game saves are only a few mbs at most,

Heres a great list of a few xboxs, that are in your price range, and have a guarentee to work ( includes receit so any problems that arise can be sorted quickly ) :)

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB3XBOE021

Older version of the xbox 360, Probably a 60gb, loads of memorie which should last your daughter ages, also includes hdmi port for hd gaming :) + joypad

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB3XBOE014
    the oldest version of the xbox360, has no hdmi, uses av cables , 115e , not worth the price though, but its the cheapest in cex

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=S360ELIE002
    120gb, 155e, if your willing to stretch your budget abit, comes with a joypad, also not worth it , but if your worried she will use up alot of memorie its probably the best one to buy

then theirs this from amazon :) Definitly the best of the lot
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Console-Hard-Drive/dp/B0007SV72A/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1382033044&sr=8-21&keywords=xbox+360

only 40 pound , probably about 50pound including delievery ,
    its a 20gb model, which should be plenty for your daughter, comes with a joypad
    ( the model is only 40 pound "used" but its a guarrentee to work, and comes boxed so its like brand new:) the harddrive on the xbox should be restored completely so its basicly new shouldnt have any problems)

its the cheapest I found that you wont have to worry about it not working:) seen as you don't know much about them, its a great deal, you would'nt get any better on adverts

now as for the sims 3 game

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030930085865

its 25 euro :) "used" guarenteed to work though

and if you really want to be extra nice to your daughter as a surprise :)

she'll love this

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030930105402

the sims 3 pets edition :) only 15 euro :) , with the 50pound from amazon ( roughly 58euro and these two games, it comes altogether to 98euro roughly :) well below your budget and keeps your daughter nice and happy for christmas :D

if you want them two games brand new you'll need to buy online though, and they will be a little bit more expensive then 15+25e :) unless you shop around alot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Wow, thank you so much. Really really thank you so much. You are a legend! :p

I've ordered the £40 one from amazon and am getting it delivered with parcel motel. And I had the bones of £7 on an amazon gift voucher so I was able to use that towards it. It looks just perfect and it means we can afford to get her a few games as well, and a few other treats too :D

She is such a great girl (she's 15!) and has taken what was a tough 12 months for all of us in her stride, so I'm so happy to be able to get her what she wants.

I wish there were more ways I could say thanks, but if you are ever in the cork area there's a few pints with your name on them. :p
    X

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I only lurk on this thread usually but had to say fair play 2mad!

And OP, Im sure your daughter will love it and youse all enjoy it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

fox_1973 wrote: »
    I only lurk on this thread usually but had to say fair play 2mad!

Would second this, fair play and some good finds there!

Advertisement