Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from water wipes to other wipes?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was advised to start using water wipes on my babies skin from birth as their skin is so sensitive at that age. I was just wondering if anyone could advise when you can start using other wipes? My baby is 10 weeks now. I want to start using Huggies wipes as they're €1 a packet while waterwipes can sell from €2 anything up to €3.50 that I've seen and it can be hit or miss whether they'll be sold in my local shop or not. Every little helps saving the €€€.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ive never used water wipes. ..I always used the regular ones. You could always try the huggies...keep an eye on the bum and if it looks like theres a reaction go back to the water wipes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I only bought water wipes for hospital as I didn't want to use cotton wool & water.
    After that I went straight to Tescos brand (€0.95) & Lidls (€1.19) & I've had no problems with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I used Water Wipes for the first three or four weeks and moved then to Huggies Pure (the cream colour packet), and haven't had any issues. Might be trial and error to see ole hat agrees with your baby.
    The Huggies are pretty much always on offer so definitely a lot cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Used regular wipes from birth here with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I always used regular wipes right from the start and didn't have any problems.
    You can always go back to the water wipes if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Honestly I always thought the water wipes were some what of a ripoff. Ive used huggies pure from day one and now just use whatever non scented wipe is on offer. I stocked up on huggies when the 4 packs were 3 for 2 so im set for the next couple of months lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Used wipes from birth on numbers 2 and 3. A nurse did say in hospital that I should be using cotton wool and water but I just told her that I preferred wipes and would continue using them. Packing wipes for this one too!

They're handy for mums too, for cleaning up in hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I used the water wipes for about 6 months!!! Don't know why now when i look back because now I use whatever is on offer, i find the unscented ones by tesco the best and prefer the pack they come in too, the lid bit ... The water wipes have that sticky pull back one, if that totally comes off its a pain.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Huggies Pure wipes are brilliant.
    I used baby wipes on #1 from day 4 and the other 2 from the time that they were born:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I was using water wipes from day one - he's 14 months now and i still find i have to go back to the waterwipes when he's teething as his bum gets very sore and any other brand seems to aggrivate it. But i would use the pampers sensitive or huggies pure normally, and keep the waterwipes for "special occasions" i actually find too that they are not all that great at cleaning dirty bums. need to use a good few to get it all clean!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Huggies Pure for the win, hands down best wipes & nearly always on offer. We have a pack in every room in the house.

I did do the water & cotton wool for the first several weeks but if I have another, think will go straight to the wipes (unless there is a reaction of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

We used huggies at the start but I found them tiny and tear really easy.
    We now use simple wipes and my daughter has eczema and she is completely fine with them. There's loads in the pack, they do be on offer sometimes and I find them larger and good and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I must be the only eejit who used wet wipes for nearly four months. To be honest I found them quite good. The wipes are bigger than others and they last longer... They're still more expensive though no denying it! I have since then trialled every wipe. I hated j&j and simple but actually liked huggies pure and tesco fragrance free. Next time, I'd prob just use one of those from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

yellow hen wrote: »
    I must be the only eejit who used wet wipes for nearly four months.

On my first I'd say I used them for around 6 months, and was militant on only use those. My poor second is definitely suffering from 'second child syndrome' :)

Advertisement