Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock & Metal beers, anyone?

• 17-10-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so it's been suggested a few times and I thought I'd get the ball rolling on it, so who's up for some beers?

Lets talk dates, locations etc!

personally, I know there's a few of us in Galway and there's some absolutely great spots here for a few drinks, so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Links234 wrote: »
    OK, so it's been suggested a few times and I thought I'd get the ball rolling on it, so who's up for some beers?

Lets talk dates, locations etc!

personally, I know there's a few of us in Galway and there's some absolutely great spots here for a few drinks, so what do you think?

Sure why not, Galways a good spot. Are we talking pre or post Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sure why not, Galways a good spot. Are we talking pre or post Christmas?

depends on what people ask for! I'm not fussy, I'll take pre or post ;)

depends on what people ask for! I'm not fussy, I'll take pre or post ;)

Aye, I'm fairly easy, probably would need a month or so's notice to arrange a trip to Galway though. Weekends of 17th and 24th Nov are out for me though. Anything else is open to suggestion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Galway gets my vote :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There's never anyone from Cork on this forum :(. Guess I'll have to Skye in for these beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I guess it's only fair that the West gets a R&M Beers as the last couple were in Dublin. I doubt I'd get over to Galway for the Beers but it would be a good excuse to go. I'd have to see closer to the date. :)

If it's in galway, there's a great pub that has free party rooms for groups, free finger food and we could even possibly get a playlist of music to play on an mp3 player or something. just throwing that out there ;)

If it's in galway, there's a great pub that has free party rooms for groups, free finger food and we could even possibly get a playlist of music to play on an mp3 player or something. just throwing that out there ;)

Sounds like a great idea. Which pub is it? Crafty beers? :pac:

Sounds like a great idea. Which pub is it? Crafty beers? :pac:
    The Cottage, me and friends have had a few parties in there before, and even just the finger food was amazing, it's not just stuff like cocktail sausages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's never anyone from Cork on this forum :(. Guess I'll have to Skye in for these beers.

Im based in Cork now. Skype from the Black Dog yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Mushy wrote: »
    Im based in Cork now. Skype from the Black Dog yeah?

Bah! The Black Dog is too shiny and clean. Needs the griminess of Fredz to be a real rock bar!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any chance of cork sneaking onto that list :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

If it's Galway city, count me as a maybe

(I used to post here under the "max power1" handle)

Ah, hey there Max! I remember you ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it'd be the City if it's Galway.

The Cottage, me and friends have had a few parties in there before, and even just the finger food was amazing, it's not just stuff like cocktail sausages.

Looks great

Be up for it if it's in Galway. Been meaning to get a Galway beers together but figured it would be best to wait till the Christmas market is back up and running so as to once again make use of the beer tent.

Any ideas on dates for this, 2nd of November be too soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

*tiny voice*
    I vote for Dubberland.... >_>

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't see myself trekking all the way to Galway for this, but good luck!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Can't see myself trekking all the way to Galway for this, but good luck!

Arah sure it'll be great craic :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

In Dublin now but I'll try and make it, will we have enough people for a party room thing though?

Sorry folks, we seemed to have lost a bit of traction on this one. There's a fair few people itching for Galway, so lets try and get that done :D

any dates in mind?

And for Dublin folks, why not have a gather at the same time? :p

Mid-late January? I know it's two months away, but I'll have to start thinking about Christmas spending money soon, so travel and accommodation money will not be available til the new year :pac:

But I do guarantee to come if it's after that ;)

I'd be happy with Jan alright ;)

I'm not too pushed.

Anyone up for a dublin beers! :P

Every weekend, and some week nights too :pac:

How does the weekend of the 24th/25th suit people?

I've got a gig on the 24th in Voodoo Lounge (Rory Gallagher Re-worked in case you're interested :pac:) but I could probably head to Galway or Cork or whatever on the Saturday morning, or more than likely afternoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I am also in Cork.

I'll probably not be around that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Right now, I'm in Christchurch, Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'd be free on the 25th as far as I know. I'm kinda on the fence about making the trip down but not ruling it out!

Was talking to folks on another forum that Links and I frequent about combining drinks, but looks like this is happening in March now instead, due to post Christmas poorness and other factors....

• Advertisement
Advertisement