Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet on living social

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

Old version of Android and they don't even mention the processor. Plus the build quality on the cheap tablets can be a little iffy. Many can be fine but you could get an iffy one from the batch. If I was buying a cheap tablet (and I probably will be before Christmas) I'd buy it from a local store that I could bring it back to if there were problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Spec:
    Included;

-9 Inch Tablet

-Headphones

-Charger

-USB Cable

Specification

Internal Memory 8GB

Connectivity Wi-Fi

RAM 512MB DDR3

3.5mm Audio Jack

Micro SD card slot for external memory

Mini USB

Microphone

Speaker

CPU ARM Cortex 1.2 GHZ

Camera

0.3 MP Front Facing

2.0 MP Rear Camera

Display 800 x 480

Operating System Android 4.0

4.0 was released in October 2011. I wonder does that mean that these have been on the shelf for two years? Still, 4.0 is fine to have, and should upgrade to the latest as soon as it goes online.

That's a decent spec for e90 and for an 8 year old. Return policy wrt build and component quality might be as issue as decribed by previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

(I dislike Currys, but it's the cheapest I could find)

http://www.currys.ie/Product/VERSUS-Touchtab-7V-Dual-Core-Tablet-16-GB/317612/7.18
    €109

Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)

For about €15 more, you get 1GB of RAM instead of 512MB, a 1.6 GHz dual-core processor compared to a 1.2Ghz unknown, a 16GB hard drive instead of 8GB. There's also a mini-HDMI port so that you can probably hook it up to your TV.

The rear camera is 0.3MP compared to a 2MP rear camera on the LivingSocial tablet, but that's about the only upside.

Advertisement