Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low(er) carb Performance Seminar

Options
  • 17-10-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right location etc... (MODs, if bad, please remove/move)

Over in the cycling forum, there was lots of talk about general low carb, high fat lifestyles, paleo and related topics. It is a rabbits hole I jumped into a year ago (along with my wife, Melanie Spath - another pro cyclist) with the direction of Barry Murray and have had some good results and great health in general.

Basically, Barry Murray and I have put together a half day seminar on the topic (and some surrounding topics, like recovery techniques etc. - don't worry, more advanced than sleep more!). It will be 2-5pm, Saturday October 26th in the Radisson Blu in Dublin City Centre.

Cost is €25 for pre signup.

Link to signup: http://tinyurl.com/health261013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

sleep more is a good start though:)
    Best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have been to a couple of Barry's talks before and found them very good. Stuff he says makes a lot of sense and I always like that he practices what he preaches and is probably his own biggest guinea pig.

Saw this on twitter, tempted to go again myself but assume it'll be the same stuff I've heard before and am yet to fully adopt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Have been to a couple of Barry's talks before and found them very good. Stuff he says makes a lot of sense and I always like that he practices what he preaches and is probably his own biggest guinea pig.

Saw this on twitter, tempted to go again myself but assume it'll be the same stuff I've heard before and am yet to fully adopt. :)

I think it will be a little different - we have both learnt a lot over the last year in how LCHF approaches and super high intensity (say, Belgian Kermesse road racing) don't always mix perfectly and adaptations have to be made.

Sleep more is *always* good - sleep more and smarter is even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Any chance of this being recorded and released as a podcast for those of us outside the Pale? :D

I've been to a few of Barry's talks in Galway and have found them excellent. I'd love to hear more on the LCHF learnigs over the last 12 months.

I think it will be a little different - we have both learnt a lot over the last year in how LCHF approaches and super high intensity (say, Belgian Kermesse road racing) don't always mix perfectly and adaptations have to be made.

That's salesman talk right there. Might pop along sure. If I hear it all again I might take the rest of it on.

Barry's talks try to take my caffeine away from me though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

That's salesman talk right there. Might pop along sure. If I hear it all again I might take the rest of it on.

Not going then. *sips coffee*

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

pgibbo wrote: »
    Any chance of this being recorded and released as a podcast for those of us outside the Pale? :D

+1 on this :) Shame I wont be able to make it that weekend.

Oryx wrote: »

He likes coffee, it's the black tea with milk and sugar and the cans of coke he doesn't ;)

Not for me - currently sipping quality coffee (the quality bit is important) with the aeropress setup for another one :)

cans of coke he doesn't ;)

Now, now, cans of coke can have a time and a place (for some people, with certain adaptations - not the US coke, EU coke)

• Advertisement

pgibbo wrote: »

Not sure - we could possibly put together some sort of seminar package, but that would likely be down the road a bit. So, no real answer (sorry).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

He more than likes coffee. He is a massive fan. Even the coffee in Tuscany isn't of a high enough standard for him (He asked me to bring some coffee beans for him when we met at the UTMB, so that he could get some of the real stuff again!)

Sugar is the poison, not coffee or tea.

Couldn't recommend this talk highly enough!

Now, now, cans of coke can have a time and a place (for some people, with certain adaptations - not the US coke, EU coke)

I like you...

Don't drink coffee myself just tea with milk and sugar...and coke...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oryx wrote: »

Its the instant stuff he seems to hate with a passion.

Only freshly pressed cafetière cafe noir for us athletes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

I also can't attend but would love a podcast/summary seminar type thing if possible, happy to pay whatever if it was audiobook format rather than podcast, good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

How did this go? Any feedback?

Advertisement