Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Query Tenancy Listed as inactive

• 17-10-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before, I have a tenancy registered with PRTB in 2012, I was on the website today and the tenancy is listed as inactive, I thought a registration lasted for 4 years, Anyone have any ideas why this would have happened, I have submitted a Query to PRTB, but just thought I would see if anyone had any idea why this would happen ??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Possibly - if you had a fixed term tenancy for 12 months, the PRTB may assume that the tenancy came to an end at the end of the fixed term. If the original tenant or an assignee continues to live in the property without signing a new lease, then it is the same tenancy but a Part 4 tenancy.

However, if you have new tenants and a new lease, then it is a new tenancy and requires a new registration fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Dayo93

odds_on wrote: »
    Possibly - if you had a fixed term tenancy for 12 months, the PRTB may assume that the tenancy came to an end at the end of the fixed term. If the original tenant or an assignee continues to live in the property without signing a new lease, then it is the same tenancy but a Part 4 tenancy.

However, if you have new tenants and a new lease, then it is a new tenancy and requires a new registration fee.

Yes I still have the same tenants, Maybe I listed it as a years tenancy originally.
    I assumed it would just carry over the next year unless I ended the tenancy. Hopefully i don't have to pay a re registration fee. Will just have to wait till the prtb get back to me,

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mandylevo

Dayo93 wrote: »
    Yes I still have the same tenants, Maybe I listed it as a years tenancy originally.
    I assumed it would just carry over the next year unless I ended the tenancy. Hopefully i don't have to pay a re registration fee. Will just have to wait till the prtb get back to me,

Thanks for the reply

I was wondering if you had any further correspondence from the PRTB about your existing tenants, my father has a property and has just recieved a letter requesting payment for a new tenency agreement even though he has still got the same tenants occupying his property, he to had a yearly lease and this would be the second year with the same tenants. I was just wondering if your situation was resolved without any payment for the second lease, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Dayo93

Yep Got Sorted I Had Tried To Edit The Tenancy But It Did Not Complete Properly, I Submitted A Query Online And They ReplieD Within 24 hrs On How To Resolve.

Advertisement