Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin venue for a trib?

• 17-10-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys
    wonder if anyone could offer some advice
    Scottish Status Quo tribute been asked to set up a preshow to the evening Quo gig in Dublin..anyone recommend a decent venue approx 200 capacity pref with in house pa
    many thanks any help
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Twisted Pepper? Central but have to do your own promotion though. Phone Fibber Magees and check out the scene with them. Ask the promoter/booker what your best plan is. 01 872 2575.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mabozza

Kettleson wrote: »
    Twisted Pepper? Central but have to do your own promotion though. Phone Fibber Magees and check out the scene with them. Ask the promoter/booker what your best plan is. 01 872 2575.

Fantastic stuff..promotion not an issue as thousands of quo fans will hit Dublin on the day..bit of a big event
    really appreciate the fast reply
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Sounds like you might be able to name your price, we'll a price above normal rates,a bit like New Years Day for a Quo Fan. Live at The Apollo is one of the first albums I ever bought. Hope you guys can play The Irish Washer Woman!:D:D learn it quick if you don't know it already, you'll bring the house down!

Kettleson wrote: »
    Sounds like you might be able to name your price, we'll a price above normal rates,a bit like New Years Day for a Quo Fan. Live at The Apollo is one of the first albums I ever bought. Hope you guys can play The Irish Washer Woman!:D:D learn it quick if you don't know it already, you'll bring the house down!

Irish Washerwoman! Oh hell yeah..great shout..not unlike the jig Quo do in 4500 times...think a venue called The Pint is keen..Quo live at the apollo was my first ever gig..9 yrs old lol..brilliant album..my band recreated the album for a couple of special gigs last year
    thanks for yer help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

if you get this sorted and need support we'd be up for it. were a dublin based rory gallagher tribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭roughneck

tolka house or botonic house glasnevin both 200-250go for it.

cordragza wrote: »
    if you get this sorted and need support we'd be up for it. were a dublin based rory gallagher tribute.

Oh a lot of the Quo heads love Rory too..but afraid its a 2 Quo tribs double header..ourselves and a quo trib from NI...I will pass on your details to them for when theyre next in Eire..we got sorted at The Pint..its April 12th if anyone fancies coming along saturday afternoon of the status quo original line up gig..thanks for all the help here..top guys

Advertisement