Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs 250m fault

Options
  • 17-10-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had faults 'rf supv late' and 'sen supv loss'.Happens when I try to arm system.The funny thing is when u switch it off and on again it arms normall but only once then same faults appear.All batteries have been replaced and so has the rf receiver.Anyone come across this.Any info much appreciated.I suspect a dodgy board....
    I'm using an rf expander with 8 window/door contacts,one pir and internal and external bell is hard wired.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And is it always on the same device the supervision is lost?
    Are all devices walk testing OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vwt

KoolKid wrote: »
    And is it always on the same device the supervision is lost?
    Are all devices walk testing OK?

Hi Koolkid.....it happenes every door and window contact one by one.Then if u power on and off the system it arms once succesfully.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has the location of the receiver moved?
    Did this just start or did it always happen?

No everything is exactly as it was since installation.It worked trouble fee for 4 years and then last year I had some issues with an internal bell.This latest issue started around 6 months ago.The reason why I thought it was a board is the fact that when u switch it off and on it works once.So if it was wireless interference it would happen then also?

vwt wrote: »
    The reason why I thought it was a board is the fact that when u switch it off and on it works once.So if it was wireless interference it would happen then also?

Yes, as the receiver is powered from the panel.
    When it shows supervision lost do a walk test and see if all the devices still work.
    If so the supervision can be turned off for each device.

• Advertisement

I have supervision set to none for each device already.Every device responds with the panel if you trigger the tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have supervision set to none for each device already.Every device responds with the panel if you trigger the tamper.

Could be the receiver itself.
    When is the last time you changed the batteries in the devices?

altor wrote: »
    Could be the receiver itself.
    When is the last time you changed the batteries in the devices?

Hi Altor,i changrd the batteries when it first started around six months ago.I also installed a new rf receiver.

Hi Altor,i changrd the batteries when it first started around six months ago.I also installed a new rf receiver.

You may need to factory default the alarm system.
    Do you have the engineer code?

You may need to factory default the alarm system.
    Do you have the engineer code?

Engineer code is the standard 1278.I think ive done a factory default already but tell me how anyway.Have you ever seen theese boards go faulty?

• Advertisement

Engineer code is the standard 1278.I think ive done a factory default already but tell me how anyway.Have you ever seen theese boards go faulty?

Enter engineer code, installation, press ok, scroll to default panel ok.
    Never have much bother with them.

Enter engineer code, installation, press ok, scroll to default panel ok.
    Never have much bother with them.

Its just stuck in alarm mode now and i cant do anything....

Its just stuck in alarm mode now and i cant do anything....

Down power the system, mains and battery. Then power up and it should disarm with your user code.

Down power the system, mains and battery. Then power up and it should disarm with your user code.

I tried that.....my user code doesnt work now,default panel wipes everything!
    If i try to enter engineer code it wont let me because its in alarm mode

I tried that.....my user code doesnt work now,default panel wipes everything!
    If i try to enter engineer code it wont let me because its in alarm mode

1122 is the default user code.

The system should not default on a power down.
    Try the factory code 01122

I would not expect it to default either but stranger things have happened.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The system should not default on a power down.
    Try the factory code 01122

I managed to clear that alarm.1122 cleared it for me.Ive just been re-installing all the sensors again one by one and triggering them.Wouldn't u know everything seems to be working ok now....This seems to be the pattern so lets see how long it lasts.Thanks alot to Koolkid and altor for your input.

That default may just sort it. There were a few software bugs in that system in its day.
    Hope it holds up for you. Any problems give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have loads of those wireless systems in and the only time I've had a problem like that was when there was interference from an external source outside of the house.

There's loads of things that will interfer with the 433 frequency.

• Advertisement

I have loads of those wireless systems in and the only time I've had a problem like that was when there was interference from an external source outside of the house.

There's loads of things that will interfer with the 433 frequency.

I had thought of that Fred....theres no way for sure to know unless u rent some special equipment to check radiowaves.If its tye case theres nothing i can do except scrap the whole lot and go to a new system on the 868 frequency.I should know after a few days if the problems still there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I had thought of that Fred....theres no way for sure to know unless u rent some special equipment to check radiowaves.If its tye case theres nothing i can do except scrap the whole lot and go to a new system on the 868 frequency.I should know after a few days if the problems still there

To illuminate anything from your house, turn off the main switch in your fuse board and take the batteries out of things like weather stations and leave the alarm running on the battery.

You might not find the problem but at least you'll narrow it down.

Advertisement