Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Phone

• 17-10-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Had iphone 4s stolen last week, called o2 and had it all blocked etc.

Getting a replacement phone through insurance tomorrow - but have no idea what will be backed up and what wont be. I have no idea what i set to back up on icloud but the guy in the store told me that if i downloaded the latest ios update it would all back up including contacts but no one seems sure?

Just wondering if anyone had any info?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If iCloud backup was enabled then everything important will be backed up. Syncing is separate.

You should be able to check when your last iCloud backup was by going to iCloud storage management on your computer.

Was Find My iPhone enabled? What version of iOS were you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

the latest ios update is on the phone. Find my iPhone was set up but when we logged it in it says that my phone is offline. It has not come back online since.

I don't think i ever backed anything up on iCloud - i can still connect phone to itunes and everything will be there in terms of music and apps, but its just the pure hassle of contacts ya know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Login into iCloud.com to see if your contacts are synced.

If it makes you feel better the phone is useless to the thief. With Find My iPhone/Activation Lock in iOS 7 they won't be able to sell the phone except for parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I have restored my iPhone/iPad many times using the iCloud backup functionality.. by default it should backup and restore almost everything.. the only ones it won't restore is your music that you didn't purchase from iTunes directly. However all your music will be restored if you have an iTunes match subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

thanks for all your help guys.

All was backed up on iCloud except apps and music. The apps were easily restored then and the music will be soon.

Thanks for all the advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement