Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV System

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a massive market. Try EyeSpy CCTV.
    Ask for ken in there there are very helpful & very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I used cctvdirect.co.uk for mine - got 8 cameras and a dvr and paid about €2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

jamesd wrote: »
    I used cctvdirect.co.uk for mine - got 8 cameras and a dvr and paid about €2000.

Heard of end users with problems returning faulty stock there. I would stick local as at lease you have more of a come back with any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliathomas123

I bought CCTV system for my office from uksecurityshop.com and I found them very fast, reliable and affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Keepan Eye

Hi jamescd.
    To view your foreign property remotely from Ireland or indeed anywhere; you will need good INTERNET access.
    So you will need Internet Access in the foreign property and in the location you are viewing from [ say your home in Ireland or on your mobile phone ]. Rather than spend a fortune on cameras/systems you could buy a moderately priced camera -- It is called an IP Camera.....very different to CCTVor Webcams.
    If it were me I would try a Y-CAM model. I have one and it is fine. say about Stg£ 200. Some of this company [Y CAM 's] products have Infra Red capability so you can view at NIGHT. If that works out ok for you then think about a few more Y CAMs and a Synology Disk station to record the footage from these cameras.
    If you have a look at, networkwebcam.com site they sell all the stuff you need. Note they stock lots of IP Cameras. THATs what you need -- an IP Camera.
    I was in Madrid recently and could view my Dads house in Ireland from there no problem. Hope this helps.
    K

• Advertisement
Advertisement