Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options
  • 17-10-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Let's get going, it won't be long coming in!!

I'm only 5 weeks and not due Til June 21, but reading up on everything like a mad yoke :)

Getting first scan privately on nov 14 at which point heartbeat will be detectable. Exciting!!! It's my first and happened on first month, what a shock given I'm 37!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Omg a june 2014 thread! I'm not pregnant but this is mad haha :)

Congratulations :) hope everything goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Due June 5th.. my first.. nervous as all hell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I had a June 2013 baby. I can't believe how quickly time has gone! It will fly in ladies. Congrats and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Hi all, I too am pregnant with my first baby, I will be 35 when the baby arrives so just hoping and praying that everything goes ok. I am 8 + 5 today, due on June 5th as well MissFire! I have had two private scans, one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks, they were fantastic, saw the heartbeat and the baby was measuring 7 + 6 at the 8 week scan, so delighted at that. Having no symptoms or sickness really. Felt a bit nauseous and light headed for a couple of weeks, but that has passed for the most part. Some evenings I’m wrecked, some I’m not so bad.

Told the family over the weekend, they were absolutely delighted. I was so surprised at the reaction as this will be the 14th grandchild on my side and 6th on DH’s but they were all delighted as I think they thought it would never happen for us as we are married just over 10 years!

Was delighted to find out that my sister practically has everything we will need, cot, pram, travel system, bouncy chair, even down to steriliser! It’s great, will save us an absolute fortune.

So delighted to be on this board, just find I am worried all the time, just wish I could relax a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Hey guys! I'm due 16th June, first pregnancy! We'd been TTC for a year and after all the stressing and ovulation kits and counting days, went away on hols for a week, period was a few days late, did a test the minute I got home from hols and it was positive! Went back to my GP last week (the next time he was expecting to see me was for blood tests to see if we had any fertility issues) so he was delighted when I told him "actually scrap that"! :p

So so excited but nervous as hell. Same as wonkagirl I'm reading up on everything but my GP said to just relax and apart from cutting out some foods that are unsafe, continue as normal, eat healthily, get some exercise in and sleep as much as possible!

Symptoms not bad so far, boobs are very tender and sore though and I've learnt that morning sickness is not just limited to mornings!
    I've a wicked appetite though!!!

I'll be 8wks on Monday and my first scan isn't until 20wks so def going to look into a private scan maybe around the 10/12wk mark.

Great to have this thread. Congrats to all on here so far ;)

• Advertisement

Wow it’s quiet round here! How is everyone feeling? I feel great I have to say. No nausea or sore boobs or anything. I am a little tired in the evenings, but nothing major. I have been a bit worried about lack of symptoms to be honest. I know every pregnancy is different, but surely it’s unusual to have no symptoms whatsoever! I have been driving myself crazy worrying about it, so I actually booked another private scan for tomorrow night! This will be my third for those counting! I know it’s probably silly, but I think it will just put my mind at ease. I have my 12 week scan on Nov 19th and that will be my husbands first time to see the baby, so I can’t wait for that.

ncmc wrote: »
    Wow it’s quiet round here! How is everyone feeling? I feel great I have to say. No nausea or sore boobs or anything. I am a little tired in the evenings, but nothing major. I have been a bit worried about lack of symptoms to be honest. I know every pregnancy is different, but surely it’s unusual to have no symptoms whatsoever! I have been driving myself crazy worrying about it, so I actually booked another private scan for tomorrow night! This will be my third for those counting! I know it’s probably silly, but I think it will just put my mind at ease. I have my 12 week scan on Nov 19th and that will be my husbands first time to see the baby, so I can’t wait for that.

Hi ladies!

All still OK with me so far.. sorry I haven't been back since last posting, I'm absolutely knackered in evenings lol.. symptoms are sore boobs, tiredness, feel sick in afternoons and evening and I've the appetite of a horse! Oh and I don't know if I'm bloated or I've a tiny bump!

So I have a private scan tomorrow morning.(10weeks). hubby surprised me wit it, think he wants to tell his folks but I said I didn't want to til first scan at 14 weeks till I knew it was 'OK'.. so this how this has come about.. I'm quite nervous but trying to be excited..

Anyhow I gotta go sleep now, think I'm babbling lol

Wish me luck for the morning!

Night

Best of luck MissFire, you're in for a treat! Seeing the heart beat for the first time is incredible. Let us know how you get on. Wish mine was in the morning rather than 6pm, gonna be a long day!

How did you get on MissFire? Mine went great, baby measuring 9 + 5, HB of 155, I could see arms and legs and even the arm moving! It was brilliant! I'm going to try and relax a bit more and enjoy this time rather than spoil it by being a total worry wart!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭CurranBun

Hi Guys
    I am pregnant for the 1st time too, due on 14th June.
    Going SP in Holles St.
    Kinda freaked a little as only just realised you dont usually get a scan on your 12 weeks appt. I have little symptoms, sore boobs, tiredness, little heartburn.
    I did spot once or twice, nothing to worry me, only light and no cramps or big flow, but really wanted a scan to put my mind at rest. Going to ask when I am there as I wont relax or really believe it untill I see it, have any of you been for 12 week appt yet?

Very exciting and scary at the same time. Last Christmas with no kids!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi,
    I'm 10 weeks now and starting to freak out a little less. Its first time for me, was expecting a bit more time from stopping the pill to BFP. Happy but shocked.. I'd been told by doctor that 6mths-1 year is normal, but few weeks for me! :eek:
    I've my first scan next week and really looking forward to it now. Not getting sick but having some back pain and tiredness.

Congrats Dustie and welcome to the group! That's mad that you got your bfp so quickly. I've heard about that happening to a few people, apparently there's some science behind it but I don't have a clue what! Where are you having your scan? Mine is in CUMH on Tuesday, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rufs

Due june 7th...first time on this forum, very exciting stuff...im hoping i can hear the heartbeat at my doc. Appointment next friday !!!!

CurranBun wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I am pregnant for the 1st time too, due on 14th June.
    Going SP in Holles St.
    Kinda freaked a little as only just realised you dont usually get a scan on your 12 weeks appt. I have little symptoms, sore boobs, tiredness, little heartburn.
    I did spot once or twice, nothing to worry me, only light and no cramps or big flow, but really wanted a scan to put my mind at rest. Going to ask when I am there as I wont relax or really believe it untill I see it, have any of you been for 12 week appt yet?

Very exciting and scary at the same time. Last Christmas with no kids!!
    I can't believe Holles St don't scan til 20 weeks, that just seems crazy to me. You should definitely ask for a scan on your 12 week visit, just explain that you had a little spotting and want to put your mind at ease. It must be so frustrating to have to wait til 20 weeks, they are pretty much forcing people to go for early scans which they may not be able to afford.

So I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, though I am only 11 + 4. I am very excited and a little bit nervous. Although I have had a couple of private scans, this will be my husbands first time being with me, so can't wait to see his reaction.

I told my boss on Friday as I didn't want to have to make up a lie about why I need tomorrow afternoon off. I was dreading it a bit as I am the only female in an all male work place so this is the first pregnancy they have had to deal with, but I have to say it went fantastically well. He seemed genuinely pleased for me, so that's a little weight off my mind.

Is anyone else showing yet? I feel I have such a pot belly and have put on a few lbs already. Not sure if it is baby or flab due to all the eating I am doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭CurranBun

I know, its crazy, defo going to push for 1, my sister had Toxemia on her 1st and delivered at 15 weeks, so also going to push with that.
    I am booked in for next monday for the 12 week appt, even though I will only be 11+2.
    I am going SP so I am also booked in for a 16 week appt, which I presume is a scan.
    I really cant wait, I just want to be told everything is ok.
    best of luck with your scan tomorrow ncmc, let us know how you get on.

yesterday was the first time i thought "god im starting to show", but its more a pot belly and I have always kinda had that so im sure no one has sussed me out just yet!

Well I'm about 8lbs over my normal weight already :eek: but in fairness I was just back from my hols so had a bit of holiday weight on already. But still have probably put 4lbs on or thereabouts. Does that sound like a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi all,
    Had my 12 wk scan today. i'm 11 +2. Was so so nervous about it and had myself half convinced there would be bad news. But thankfully all's good, got pic and heard heartbeat :D So much more relaxed now. I'm going privately as I couldnt believe there'd be no scan until 20weeks otherwise. I'm a first timer and have family history of complications so better peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rufs

Heard our babys heartbeat this morning for the first time.
    Amazing !!!
    Overwhelming !!!

I had my 12 week scan on Tuesday, I thought I was 11 + 4, but I was bang on 12 weeks. Actually, that made more sense for my dates. Delighted with the whole first visit, thought I’d be waiting ages as we are going public but we were in and out very quickly and while we didn’t get to see a doctor, the midwife we spoke to was lovely and very thorough. She assured us that had anything cropped up in the scan, we would have seen a doctor. I asked for the nuchal fold to be done and thankfully it was normal. She was explaining that there was further tests I could do, but I’m happy enough at that, I’m only 34 and there is no history in my family, so I don’t think I’m that high risk.

Does anyone else have a bump? I have a right little pot belly come evening, my trousers are under serious pressure! I’m thinking of getting one of the extender belts so I can keep in my normal clothes for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Hey ladies, just had my first scan after work tonight, it was unreal! I'm a little overwhelmed tbh, wasn't expecting to see such detail and the image was so clear! Could see pretty much everything, head, torso, arms and legs even the umbilical cord. Heartbeat 163, 4cm long EDD confirmed as 16th June. The most amazing and unexpected thing was that the baby was bopping around, we could see him/her literally jumping around!!!

I know it's a cliche but it was a pretty emotional experience seeing our little baby for the first time. Kinda gave me goosebumps (in a good way!)
    First antenatal consultation in the hospital is Tuesday.

Now that I'm reassured that everything is OK I can start to feel more excited than nervous. It feels so real now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

Hi all,
    I'm squeezing my tiny bump into your little club, due June 15th. This will be my second baby, unfortunately my first grew her wings at just one hour old after being born prematurely at 23 weeks. So naturally I'm feeling a mixture of delight and terror. So far delight is winning as everything is going well but it did last time too until the last minute (high temperature with kidney infection) so there is always a fear of something going wrong again....something I don't want to ever experience again as I still cry every day for my little angel. I was on the forum last time too but couldn't bear to check up on the other peoples stories after it happened so am praying for a happier experience this time and look forward to reading up on all your stories in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

mugbags wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm squeezing my tiny bump into your little club, due June 15th. This will be my second baby, unfortunately my first grew her wings at just one hour old after being born prematurely at 23 weeks. So naturally I'm feeling a mixture of delight and terror. So far delight is winning as everything is going well but it did last time too until the last minute (high temperature with kidney infection) so there is always a fear of something going wrong again....something I don't want to ever experience again as I still cry every day for my little angel. I was on the forum last time too but couldn't bear to check up on the other peoples stories after it happened so am praying for a happier experience this time and look forward to reading up on all your stories in the next 6 months.

It's natural to be worried after such a heartbreaking experiance.
    A friend of mine had a stillborn baby, and although she will never "get over" losing her first born, when she had her 2nd daughter the pain I seen in her eyes left.
    I wish you all the best. I'm sure everything will be just perfect in the end. You won't stop worrying till your baby is in your arms. Xx

Oh and I'm 13 weeks pregnant with our first baby together.
    Super excited!

Mugbags, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the devastation of what you have been through. It's understandable that you would be worried. It's a worrying time with all things being perfect, never mind having experienced what you have. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I'm 13 weeks too Sarah Bear, anyone else got a little bump? I look like I've had a giant feed of pasta and by evening I'm just about ready to burst out of my trousers! I'm living in my PJ's as they are the only thing that fit properly!

My belly bloated out like mad today I looked 6 months pregnant lol! Looking forward to getting a proper bump!

Hey girls I'm back again after a three week absence! Had scan at 10 weeks.. was great to see and hear little heart beat.. told the two sets of parents that morning, they ecstatic.. think they might be more excited than us even! Ha ha.. told handful of friends at 12 weeks and then my boss on Tuesday.. dear lord, til I told him I was a nervous wreck.. now I'm set to start enjoying this pregnancy, such a relief! (He was really nice about BTW lol)

So my next scan isn't til 20 weeks but have a dopler at 15 weeks at doctor... such a wait!

I've been feeling OK.. boobies still sore, the flatulence has subsided much to hubbies glee ha ha was dizzy a lot for 11/12th week.. bit crampy this week but 'apparently' thats me ol uterus stretching! Bump is starting to show but I'm still wondering is it from the increase in my cheese and cracker consumption! Oh and I'm discovering one of my friends is a 'bump-toucher'.. she may end up wit a broken hand before June.. I'm not liking that at all, words will be spoken me thinks!

Anyhow I better go and have brekkie and empty bladder AGAIN (I hear this symptom will be subsiding soon for a while woohoo)

I hope you girls are all feeling well this morning, and remember.. Sunday is a day of rest.. enjoy it :-)

It's very quiet on here! How's everyone getting on? I'm 15 wks now and can see a bump starting to appear!

Hey Sarah bear.. I'm 15 weeks today! Just been reading up about on my large orange ha ha.. all is good here.. bp a bit low still so gotta be careful standing up, other than that seems to be going alright.. have you been having stretching pains or anything?

Hope everyone is doing OK x

Hey ladies, I’m keeping well. Feeling very anxious this week for some reason. Can’t believe it’s only three weeks since my last scan. Did the maths and realised my next scan isn’t for another 7 weeks! I have a doctors appointment next week for my 16 week check up, so hoping he’ll be able to pick up a hearbeat and put my mind at ease.

How are the bumps coming along? I have a nice little kit now, though it still just looks like I ate all the pies!

• Advertisement

Hey... little bump / lots of excess fat (?) Is doing good ha ha.. still have people trying to touch it which I'm still not liking much.

New symptoms this week are bleeding gums and acne... it's rotten.. especially the acne.. my skin has changed to being dry with sore boils (wtf?).. makeup not working at all.. I'm such a paranoid android in work, just keeping my head down.. feel like a giant walking spot.. sniff sniff.

Anyone else got any new symptoms?

Advertisement