Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Ok, so do braxton hicks feel like tight period pains ? Im kinda confused.. I dont know if ive been having them or not...
    started feelin kinda dodgy yesterday evening and then today wasnt feeling myself at all, very uncomfortable and pelvis is achy so im wondering has baby dropped or something.. before bending over was uncomfortable but now i actually feel I cant.. hmmmm.. I dunno if ive just been lucky up til now or something is happening lol ive made sure labour ward bag is ready to go anyhow, if anything it got me to finish that at least.. eek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Woke up feeling wrecked today too and feel like he's sitting lower too and have those bloody hormone headaches back this morning! Just feel out of sorts and really tired and uncomfortable!

Also logged onto the other pregnancy thread I read and one of the June girls posted at midnight to say her waters had broken 3 weeks early!!:eek:

So now I realise we have to make sure the bloomin' labour bag is ready to go tonight and I need to start preparing for this, will probably go over but need to accept it can happen at any time now!:D

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Woke up feeling wrecked today too and feel like he's sitting lower too and have those bloody hormone headaches back this morning! Just feel out of sorts and really tired and uncomfortable!

Also logged onto the other pregnancy thread I read and one of the June girls posted at midnight to say her waters had broken 3 weeks early!!:eek:

So now I realise we have to make sure the bloomin' labour bag is ready to go tonight and I need to start preparing for this, will probably go over but need to accept it can happen at any time now!:D

What date are due Smokey?

MissFire wrote: »
    What date are due Smokey?

June 14th so 37 + 3 days roughly three weeks to go like the girl who went into labour last night!

June 14th so 37 + 3 days roughly three weeks to go like the girl who went into labour last night!

Is it her first? Eek.. I zipped up my little (or not so little) labour bag last night, thats it done now, definitely goin to finish my maternity bag today... yesterdays feeling of dodgyness has me spooked lol the flipping increase discharge has me nerves gone too, keep thinking me waters are breakin hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi all, I think the paranoia is catching!! I've been all set for going into hospital for section tomorrow. Bags have been packed and re-packed a few times now. Then yesterday my back was achey and last night I started leaking colostrum! Had a mini panic attack as I havent had any show or other 'nearing-the-end-of-pregnancy symptoms. Trying to keep calm today but its very weird when your body does its own thing!!

Looks like it's her first from her other posts I did ask but obviously she's a bit busy too, said her contractions are now 6 mins apart but nothing really happening so they'll induce her tomorrow otherwise! Also saw she was due June 17th but last scan estimated June 2nd so the baby obviously had other ideas:D

Ah Dustie I've been waiting for any leakage and nothing! At least you're in tomorrow either way, god you're going to have a baby tomorrow that's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I'm pretty hyped up too dustie, I'm nervous. The last couple of days have really dragged. I've been up in the night fretting too which isn't helping. I'm going to be wrecked before the baby even gets here! I just want baby here safely now. 39 weeks today - it's a minor miracle I've made it this far!

The bags have been packed for ages so I'll leave them in the hall tonight as we'll have an early start in the morning. I have everything shipshape at home so I think I'm ready to go, I just need the hours to start passing now!

Gotta luck today and tomorrow Dustie!

Looks like it's her first from her other posts I did ask but obviously she's a bit busy too, said her contractions are now 6 mins apart but nothing really happening so they'll induce her tomorrow otherwise! Also saw she was due June 17th but last scan estimated June 2nd so the baby obviously had other ideas:D

Ah Dustie I've been waiting for any leakage and nothing! At least you're in tomorrow either way, god you're going to have a baby tomorrow that's amazing!

Its amazing dustie, you must be so excited.. my best wishes are with you..
    I have a bit of leakage too, but really only when I put some lanolin on nipples, they get very stingy in the evenings some times, I guess from friction from bra all day.. its only little bit, but does make it feel very real.. eekk my boobies my boobies.. hope I can breastfeed now.. fingers crossed..

It was v funny last night as I was in bed chatting to oh and he noticed the wet patch on my pjs. I took some convincing I was leaking... i was sure he'd spilled some water on the bed. All set now for tomorrow.. probably won't sleep a wink. Bp was up at pre op so being kept for the night in hospital, think its a good thing as it was bound to be up in the morning anyways. This at least will save some drama out of the morning.
    Best of luck tomorrow also mary!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Best of luck Mary and Dustie! Mad to think the first babies are arriving on the same day. Hope you're not hanging around waiting all day, that happened my sister as there was emergency sections ahead of her. Maybe don't get your hopes up that it'll be first thing. Do you guys know what you are having?

Have started to feel quite uncomfortable the last few days. It's amazing the difference a week makes. Feeling pressure when I walk now and finding it hard to get comfy in bed. Not sleeping at night but then can't wake up in the morning! I have my sweep on Wednesday, I'm hoping I'll be favourable and that it'll start something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Can barely walk since Friday! Midwife told me last Tues that the baby was dropping and head gone down although not fully engaged yet. Think that happened Fri night!
    Sharp shooting vaginal pains and it's incredibly hard to walk now, moving very slowly with feet out aka John Wayne and getting out of bed is ridiculous! Thank god I'm finished work and house sorted.

Dustie and Mary...Can't believe it's your big day tomorrow! :eek:
    How exciting for the two of you, I know you'll be kinda busy and all but do try and update us! best of luck!!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hanracar

best of luck Mary and Dustie, i hope everything goes well and you have an easy time of it and look forward to hearing your good news !

Very excited for you girls!

That girl on the other thread gave birth, had a 5 hour labour and went from 3cm to 10cm in 40 mins!!:eek:

So I had my ante natal app this morning at the hospital and it turns out baba head not down.. It's lying diagonal, so guess where I am now.. Lucky I had those bags finished after all that .. Dunno how long I being kept in but too dodgy to let me be at home in case labour starts and cord comes first.. They'll keep eye on me for next few days and if baba stays down for over 24 hours they'll let me go home, otherwise they'll try manipulate it down and if that doesn't work it'll be c section time.. Fun fun fun..

Wonder how the girls got on today.. I'm sure they're snuggled up with their bundles of love right now :)

Oh no, sorry to hear that MissFire, it's all drama on the June thread! Sorry to hear you've been kept in. What kind of timescale are the talking about a section? Could it be the next couple of days? There'll be no babies left to be born in June at this rate!

ncmc wrote: »
    Oh no, sorry to hear that MissFire, it's all drama on the June thread! Sorry to hear you've been kept in. What kind of timescale are the talking about a section? Could it be the next couple of days? There'll be no babies left to be born in June at this rate!

I really haven't a clue to be honest, doctors will be around in morning so hoping I'll get some more info then.. Meanwhile I'm getting used to the sound of babas here.. Kinda knocking reality into me to be honest, OMG I'm going to have one of those in the next little while.. Reality check for me lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hanracar

MissFire how many weeks gone are you ? Must have been a bit of a shock to be admitted. Might you have to stay until you have the baby? Jeezz getting very exciting around here, all action. I am not due until June 27th so still feel its all a long way off. I hope you are managing to get some sleep in the hospital.

Poor you MissFire but they wouldn't be keeping you overnight if they didn't need to. Must be weird hearing all the babies and knowing it'll be a regular sound for you soon!

I was back at hospital this morning for appointment with my consultant to talk about my pelvis/need for section but he wasn't there!
    Head is down but consultant won't be around for another 2 weeks so midwife said to go in again next Tues and see a different consultant.
    I'm beyond pissed off, little over 2 wks to go and I still don't know if I need section, argh!
    Midwives are great, I'd be going spare only for them.

Got fitted for nursing bra today, just bought one good one in the end from Hot Milk for €42, really comfy and very pretty for what it is! Will get another once I know I can BF and get the use out of it.

Just spotted baby towels on hospital list, what did ye buy for that? They're mad expensive in baby shops so picked up a little hooded blanket/towel for €7 and a nice soft hand towel for a fiver in Penneys today.

Hope you get sorted MissFire at least you're being well looked after!

I feel wrecked and cranky this week, trying to be upbeat but starting to feel a bit too uncomfortable, snuggling has become some sort of military operation now god bless my poor fiance trying to make me feel like a goddess when I can't even turn over in bed:o

Was in docs yesterday to get my bp done and their bloody machines are so crap it came up 144/97 so I panicked going feck that's me into the Rotunda, then explained I'm always, always lower in Rotunda and midwife said the machines in docs aren't as accurate (she actually said they're rubbish) so nurse in doc did it manually and it came down to 130/80! Very annoying as if I didn't point that out she would have taken that as my reading and I'd be worried sick!

• Advertisement

Still here anyhow.. Head is down but not engaged yet and body over to the side so could move again.. Doc said he'll check again tomorrow morning and if head down still I can go home, but I'll be checked as day goes along too..
    Sitting here in the sun shine now which is keeping me sane.. Not in mood for people visiting after an hour sleep.. OH parents want to visit but gosh they only saw me two days ago..think I just need to relax to be honest..

I'm 39 weeks today Hanracar..

I'm the same about visitors MissFire, it's different when you have a cutie baby to show off, but I wouldn't want anyone seeing me sweating in a hospital with my PJ's on and no make up! Hope you're let out today.

Got on ok at my hospital appointment, babies head is engaged but I wasn't favourable for a sweep. He felt I'll not be going anywhere for the next week. It's a bit disappointing to be honest, which I know is silly since I'm only 39 weeks, but I suppose it's easy to get carried away with seeing all the early arrivals! Baby is still measuring a little small, but not madly so, he reckons it will be around 7lbs where the average is 7.5-8. He did say that the fact it's slightly on the smaller end might mean they wouldn't let me go the full 10 days over. Really don't want to be induced so hoping I'm more favourable next week. Other than that, all is well. The heat is cruel up there, so might need to revisit my packing.

Magentas, I got free SMA hooded baby towels at the baby show a few weeks back, so I just brought one of those. I don't plan to bath the baby til I get home anyway. I'd say I'll end up just using ordinary towels.

Wonder how Dustie and Mary got on? I'm dying to hear their news!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Just a quick one, had a perfect baby boy yesterday. I'm unbelievably happy but also exhausted - it's hard work! Best wishes to all, will post again soon x

Just a quick one, had a perfect baby boy yesterday. I'm unbelievably happy but also exhausted - it's hard work! Best wishes to all, will post again soon x

Congrats!! Yay!! Well done :D

ncmc wrote: »
    I'm the same about visitors MissFire, it's different when you have a cutie baby to show off, but I wouldn't want anyone seeing me sweating in a hospital with my PJ's on and no make up! Hope you're let out today.

Got on ok at my hospital appointment, babies head is engaged but I wasn't favourable for a sweep. He felt I'll not be going anywhere for the next week. It's a bit disappointing to be honest, which I know is silly since I'm only 39 weeks, but I suppose it's easy to get carried away with seeing all the early arrivals! Baby is still measuring a little small, but not madly so, he reckons it will be around 7lbs where the average is 7.5-8. He did say that the fact it's slightly on the smaller end might mean they wouldn't let me go the full 10 days over. Really don't want to be induced so hoping I'm more favourable next week. Other than that, all is well. The heat is cruel up there, so might need to revisit my packing.

Magentas, I got free SMA hooded baby towels at the baby show a few weeks back, so I just brought one of those. I don't plan to bath the baby til I get home anyway. I'd say I'll end up just using ordinary towels.

Wonder how Dustie and Mary got on? I'm dying to hear their news!

The visitors turned up anyhow.. Me nerves like.. Tried to be polite but MIL wrecks me head at times so today wasn't much different.. Thankfully my mam showed up so they left after half hour.. My friend who works here just popped by on her way home and brought me chocolate so she was welcomed ha ha

May I ask how the doc measured baba? Is that where they bring the tape down from top of bump to pubic bone? 1 Cm for every week, still think that's fascinating... When I was at clinic yesterday morning I got very paranoid that I was so small compared to everyone but that thing measured perfect.. That's why I wondering..

Baby girl arrived yest morning at 6lb 11oz! She looks like her dad and is doing well. She's already spoilt as she only wants to sleep in our arms geing snuggled :)

MissFire you just need to say no. You really need to look after yourself now. Can't your OH explain you need rest? Don't feel obliged to do anything.

We've been called oddballs for asking people not to visit us in the hospital!
    My family are nearly 2hr drive away and they all work so can't just drop everything and go so I told them to wait til we're home a day or 2 and then come up for the day or stay overnight. It'll be much more comfortable for everyone involved to be at home...more privacy and we can enjoy a cuppa and a chat while they get to bond with their new grandchild/niece/nephew.
    Beats sitting on the end of a hospital bed surrounded by strangers with a time limit!

I think his family aren't overly impressed (obviously his immediate family welcome to see us anytime) but I don't even know his aunts/uncles/cousins that well and want my own family to meet baby first!

I know from spending long spells in hospital when I was younger that there's nothing worse than feeling like you have to entertain visitors when you're not in the form for it and you're stuck in a bed in a public ward with nowhere to go!
    Plus we're just pretty private people and looking forward to spending time alone with our baby ;)

dustie1 wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived yest morning at 6lb 11oz! She looks like her dad and is doing well. She's already spoilt as she only wants to sleep in our arms geing snuggled :)

Double Yay!!!! Well done to you too Dustie, great news!!!

Ah congrats Mary and Dustie! Fantastic news!!!:)
    I'm sure you're happy to oblige her want for snuggling in your arms xx

• Advertisement

magentas wrote: »
    MissFire you just need to say no. You really need to look after yourself now. Can't your OH explain you need rest? Don't feel obliged to do anything.

We've been called oddballs for asking people not to visit us in the hospital!
    My family are nearly 2hr drive away and they all work so can't just drop everything and go so I told them to wait til we're home a day or 2 and then come up for the day or stay overnight. It'll be much more comfortable for everyone involved to be at home...more privacy and we can enjoy a cuppa and a chat while they get to bond with their new grandchild/niece/nephew.
    Beats sitting on the end of a hospital bed surrounded by strangers with a time limit!

I think his family aren't overly impressed (obviously his immediate family welcome to see us anytime) but I don't even know his aunts/uncles/cousins that well and want my own family to meet baby first!

I know from spending long spells in hospital when I was younger that there's nothing worse than feeling like you have to entertain visitors when you're not in the form for it and you're stuck in a bed in a public ward with nowhere to go!
    Plus we're just pretty private people and looking forward to spending time alone with our baby ;)

That's true what you saying about 'entertaining' visitors, didn't look at it in that way to be honest.. Yeah me entertaining his parents is annoying when he's not here, it's different when it's your own folks, they know me and my moods and will leave quick cause they know I'm tired..
    I've told people I don't want visitors when baby born already, just wish I could say it about MIL lol.. I have to keep reminding myself it's their grand child too... Bah.. :p

Midwife just came round.. Baba head still down this evening but still quiet high.. Have to go get a ball tomorrow if they let me out in morning and get this little brat moving south bound..

Advertisement