Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

ncmc wrote: »
    Dramatic couple of days for me ladies! Had hospital app on Wednesday and he felt the fluid levels around the baby had decreased since the previous week. Combined with the baby measuring a little small, he wasn't willing to let me go too much over. I presumed he'd arrange for me to be induced on the Monday but he said he didn't want to leave it over the weekend, they were booked out with inductions on Thursday and Friday so he wanted to start induction that evening! I was quite upset as I was really hoping to go by myself but I didn't have too much time to think about it.

I got the first gel at about 8pm and started getting cramps at about 10:30. They were very frequent but short but they were growing in intensity so I was brought to induction room for the night where I got a second gel. The pains were really strong now and I was on gas and air and pethadine. She gave me an internal at about 6am and my waters broke. The pain was too full on for me at this stage and was coming every minute so I was moved to labour ward were I got the epidural. Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows followed for about an hour and I was progressing along quite well, had got to 4cm but the babies heart rate was dropping with every contraction. Had I been closer to the end they may have let me carry on, but I had too far to go so an emergency section was needed.

It was a pretty stressful half hour, but to be fair, everything was really well explained and everyone was so nice. And so my little lady Christine made her entrance into the world at 8:55 yesterday, 7lbs 5 oz so not small at all! Recovering well from the section, will be in hospital til Monday unfortunately. Christine is just beautiful so she was worth every second!

Well done ncmc!!! And welcome to the world baby Christine.. As long as you and Babs are OK sure what matter about the fuss.. Glad to hear you're OK!! Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Awh congrats ncmc and welcome to the world baby Christine!
    Wonderful news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Congrats ncmc!! Beautiful name too. She was a great weight and glad to hear its all over now. Take it easy in the recovery.. I was good til I got home and landed myself back in hospital for few days this week with high bp and bleed from scar. Good again now but will be taking it a lot easier as it was so tough being away from the baby for a few days. I had the option to bring her to the hospital but didnt want to when she was settled at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bingie

Hi guys, been a little busy the last few months with college and just being exhausted but wanted to post that I had my little girl Elizabeth Marie on Tuesday night at 00.19am. She weighed a simple 7lb2oz and is just perfect.
    It was a very quick labour and I became the story of the ward that night. Came in at 3,30pm on the Monday as thought my waters might have gone. When checked they did actually go so was taken up to the labor ward to wait. Well within 1 hour and with 2 Panadol I was begging to be examined as was having some serious pain. The midwife was amazed to see I was fully dilated and I was rushed to delivery.
    Unfortunately Beth was back to back though with her elbow in front of her face so the final pushing stage took 4 hours to complete but was managed with no pain relief whatsoever. It was a very lighthearted delivery with jokes even being made while she was crowing ( I was asking oh if I resembled a playing card.)
    I lost quite a bit of blood and have a nice tear but all in all was an amazing experience. Not something ill be doing again soon, but not nearly as terrible as I was expecting.
    Hoping that everyone is doing well and congratulations on any of the births I've missed. Ill have a good catchup read when I'm not trying to make time for sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JL14

Dramatic couple of days for me ladies! Had hospital app on Wednesday and he felt the fluid levels around the baby had decreased since the previous week. Combined with the baby measuring a little small, he wasn't willing to let me go too much over. I presumed he'd arrange for me to be induced on the Monday but he said he didn't want to leave it over the weekend, they were booked out with inductions on Thursday and Friday so he wanted to start induction that evening! I was quite upset as I was really hoping to go by myself but I didn't have too much time to think about it.

I got the first gel at about 8pm and started getting cramps at about 10:30. They were very frequent but short but they were growing in intensity so I was brought to induction room for the night where I got a second gel. The pains were really strong now and I was on gas and air and pethadine. She gave me an internal at about 6am and my waters broke. The pain was too full on for me at this stage and was coming every minute so I was moved to labour ward were I got the epidural. Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows followed for about an hour and I was progressing along quite well, had got to 4cm but the babies heart rate was dropping with every contraction. Had I been closer to the end they may have let me carry on, but I had too far to go so an emergency section was needed.

It was a pretty stressful half hour, but to be fair, everything was really well explained and everyone was so nice. And so my little lady Christine made her entrance into the world at 8:55 yesterday, 7lbs 5 oz so not small at all! Recovering well from the section, will be in hospital til Monday unfortunately. Christine is just beautiful so she was worth every second!

Yeeej, congratulations to your little lady :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Wonder when the rest of us are going to go ladies!

Don't feel like it's going to happen for me any time soon but a lot of fluid in my feet and fingers if I sit or stand too long, sense when I go in next Weds by bp might be high enough that they'll start proceedings with me but hoping not cause I'd love to go naturally.

Will wait and see I guess!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Wonder when the rest of us are going to go ladies!

Don't feel like it's going to happen for me any time soon but a lot of fluid in my feet and fingers if I sit or stand too long, sense when I go in next Weds by bp might be high enough that they'll start proceedings with me but hoping not cause I'd love to go naturally.

Will wait and see I guess!

I had a fierce batch of braxton hicks in middle of night, deary me.. thought that was it until they were all irregular timings... needless to say im sitting here bored, doing a jigsaw now while hubby cooks a batch of superquinn sausages... maybe they'll do the trick hahaha... ah sure I guess theres no rush... might just use extra spicy ketchup on the sausages though ;)

MissFire wrote: »
    I had a fierce batch of braxton hicks in middle of night, deary me.. thought that was it until they were all irregular timings... needless to say im sitting here bored, doing a jigsaw now while hubby cooks a batch of superquinn sausages... maybe they'll do the trick hahaha... ah sure I guess theres no rush... might just use extra spicy ketchup on the sausages though ;)

I still don't know if I get BH or not!! Sometimes I feel like I do but it could just be him moving funny I actually don't have a clue to be honest!

I'm going crazy here. Had a quick check in at the ER yesterday morning as I was bleeding bright red a day after the sweep, was told to double check and luckily only a bloody show.

I started having mild irregular "tightenings" in my lower back late afternoon who turned to regular contractions (BH, cramps, ???) both front and back every 10 minutes for the whole lot of the evening. It was like a strong period pain but still bearable. Fell asleep in the sofa and only woke up a few times in the night sensing the same and then had the heaviest sleep in ages until 10am.

Now it's back again, every 15 minutes and a tad bit stronger. I have NO clue what to think? It might just a false alarm after the sweep.

I will have a spicy salsa on the side too!!

Have a nice evening and hope we can all share more updates within the coming days :-)

JL14 wrote: »
    I'm going crazy here. Had a quick check in at the ER yesterday morning as I was bleeding bright red a day after the sweep, was told to double check and luckily only a bloody show.

I started having mild irregular "tightenings" in my lower back late afternoon who turned to regular contractions (BH, cramps, ???) both front and back every 10 minutes for the whole lot of the evening. It was like a strong period pain but still bearable. Fell asleep in the sofa and only woke up a few times in the night sensing the same and then had the heaviest sleep in ages until 10am.

Now it's back again, every 15 minutes and a tad bit stronger. I have NO clue what to think? It might just a false alarm after the sweep.

I will have a spicy salsa on the side too!!

Have a nice evening and hope we can all share more updates within the coming days :-)

God that sounds promising but also confusing! Are you using the contractions app to keep timing them?

• Advertisement

God that sounds promising but also confusing! Are you using the contractions app to keep timing them?

I did indeed, at midnight they were 7 minutes apart and I took two Panadols to get some sleep thinking it will be a repeated scenario from Friday night. At 1.30 my waters broke and our little girl was born 6.45 this morning. Unreal :-)

I did indeed, at midnight they were 7 minutes apart and I took two Panadols to get some sleep thinking it will be a repeated scenario from Friday night. At 1.30 my waters broke and our little girl was born 6.45 this morning. Unreal :-)

Congrats JL14 !!! Well done!! :)

Oh wow huge congrats!!! Delighted for you!!!:eek::D

How was labour? So jealous of everyone getting their babas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Great news JL14. Do you have a name picked for her?

Sorry to hear you ended up back in hospital Dustie, how are you doing now?

All is well with us, Christine is a great little feeder, she only nurses for 15-20 mins and that's her for 2-3 hours. I was worried she wasn't getting enough but she is having dirty and wet nappies so I'm sure she's grand. I'm chomping at the bit to get home though. Five nights in hospital feels like eternity. Fingers crossed getting out tomorrow. I miss my dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

Congrats all having babies im heading into day4 of been overdue tomorrow getting really impatient now :)

Congrats all having babies im heading into day4 of been overdue tomorrow getting really impatient now :)

Ive a week to go and Im already impatient so I feel for you:-)

It's hard for me knowing I have to do something scary and hard and knowing it's so close but having no control over it

Ive a week to go and Im already impatient so I feel for you:-)

It's hard for me knowing I have to do something scary and hard and knowing it's so close but having no control over it

Oh I'm in the same frame of mind.. Really nervous about all the pain etc.. OH is really positive person (about everything, gets annoying at times) and tells me not to be scared, but surely every woman must be scared and nervous.. It's easier for men to say as well .. Just wish I could get going now.. 4 days overdue now seem longer than the 9 months lol.. Back in at clinic Tues, but Tues seems so far away... My nerves are starting to go wondering have my waters broken, at every little twinge etc.. But as I said yesterday, I guess baba will come when they're ready... *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Hi ladies hope everyone is well. Our little man arrived on thurs eve @ 6:14pm weighing 8lb 4oz :)
    We are do thrilled with him

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Hi ladies hope everyone is well. Our little man arrived on thurs eve @ 6:14pm weighing 8lb 4oz :)

Huge congrats!!!!

Feeling strange past hour or two...back a bit sore, bh and period type pains on and off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And he's absolutely gorgeous Sarah Bear!

• Advertisement

Hope something is starting SmokeyEyes! I know it's tough when the babies start arriving and you feel like your time will never come.

Getting out of hospital today, sooo happy! Although having the 4 days in post birth really have me the chance to establish breast feeding in a controlled setting. Not sure I would have managed so well on my own at home. My scar is a bit rougher than I hoped and is starting to ache a bit and get tight. But it's not infected or anything so hopefully a few more days of taking it easy and I'll be well on the mend.

Can't wait to get home and hug my dog and get our little family life started.

Delighted you're getting home today NCMC and very cute you're missing your dog so much I'll be the same with our pets:D Don't even know how I'll manage without
    my fiance, may hide him under the bed:pac:

No baby or labour, was just body having a practice run! Good to know it's at least aware it's nearly time as sometimes I feel like I could be here another month!

Sarah Bear wrote: »

Congrats Sarah bear!! Hope everything went well for you!

Ordered a great from the bump Father's Day card from Funky Pigeon there, of course ordering me means he'll make an appearance before this Sunday but it'll be cute either way:D

Have this t-shirt in red from Amazon for fiance for Sunday too but again if baby arrives before I'll probably give it to him then for some good new baba/new daddy pics!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FEFYVBU/ref=twister_B00FEFYHTQ

Had my clinic appointment this morning... Being brought in on Thursday evening for a gel.. So fingers crossed first one will work.. Today's exam was 'slightly unpleasant'.. Eek.. Feel like a complete wuss now.. Maybe I will be going for the epidural afterall..

Quick question for the recent mammies.. What's the sensation of the gas like? Is it nice and relaxing or is it feeling of being really drunk? Reason I ask is, a midwife told us before that you can get a little paranoid when you take it, I really don't want to feel that way as I suffer from panic attacks as it is.. Another midwife said it just numbs everything for a few seconds.. So I just would like to hear from people who used it recently..

MissFire wrote: »
    Had my clinic appointment this morning... Being brought in on Thursday evening for a gel.. So fingers crossed first one will work.. Today's exam was 'slightly unpleasant'.. Eek.. Feel like a complete wuss now.. Maybe I will be going for the epidural afterall..

Quick question for the recent mammies.. What's the sensation of the gas like? Is it nice and relaxing or is it feeling of being really drunk? Reason I ask is, a midwife told us before that you can get a little paranoid when you take it, I really don't want to feel that way as I suffer from panic attacks as it is.. Another midwife said it just numbs everything for a few seconds.. So I just would like to hear from people who used it recently..

What type of exam was it...was it to see if cervix was softening? When is your due date? My app is tomorrow and due Sat so want to be prepared! Did you suggest gel or did they say?

What type of exam was it...was it to see if cervix was softening? When is your due date? My app is tomorrow and due Sat so want to be prepared! Did you suggest gel or did they say?

My due date was last Wednesday the 4th, so six days over today.. Cervix wasn't soft at all, that's why it was 'uncomfortable'.. They suggested the gel for Thurs evening and they'll see how it progresses over the night..

I can't say I felt anything much from the gas, maybe a bit light headed, I'm not sure how much help it actually is, I half think it is a placebo effect as much as anything! That didn't stop me guzzling on it like a mad woman though! It didn't make me feel paranoid or sick, just a little light headed. Best of luck on Thursday MissFire. You could have a Friday 13th baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

been bought in on sunday 15th at 1.45 for them to start an induction 10days over yikes the end is near

• Advertisement

I can't say I felt anything much from the gas, maybe a bit light headed, I'm not sure how much help it actually is, I half think it is a placebo effect as much as anything! That didn't stop me guzzling on it like a mad woman though! It didn't make me feel paranoid or sick, just a little light headed. Best of luck on Thursday MissFire. You could have a Friday 13th baby!

OH has suggested we name it Damien if it's a boy.. I'm still not sure if he's serious or not..

That's great thanks about the gas.. Just kinda want to be prepared a bit.. Think it just wouldn't be the time or place for me to be having panic attacks cause of paranoia or something.. Lol..

Xxxtippchickxxx, I have to ask, have you started to get fed up of the 'any baby yet?' or 'any news?' texts? I'm really tired of them at this stage.. I know people mean well but man it's annoying.. Just ignoring half of them now..

Advertisement