Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

MissFire wrote: »
    OH has suggested we name it Damien if it's a boy.. I'm still not sure if he's serious or not..

That's great thanks about the gas.. Just kinda want to be prepared a bit.. Think it just wouldn't be the time or place for me to be having panic attacks cause of paranoia or something.. Lol..

Xxxtippchickxxx, I have to ask, have you started to get fed up of the 'any baby yet?' or 'any news?' texts? I'm really tired of them at this stage.. I know people mean well but man it's annoying.. Just ignoring half of them now..

oh i feel ur pain my mother-in-law is wrose for them but its her 1st grandchild so im forgiving her :) its so frusterating im ignoring everyone else lol my boss in work has even texted me hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

been bought in on sunday 15th at 1.45 for them to start an induction 10days over yikes the end is near

Brilliant to have an actual day and know that's the latest things will get going!!

Do you feel better knowing now that's the max you'll be waiting?

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Brilliant to have an actual day and know that's the latest things will get going!!

Do you feel better knowing now that's the max you'll be waiting?[/QUOT

a little hun but feeling a little put out as i was told that they wouldnt let me over cus of BP and now ive to come up with a new birth plan but i dont mind just emotoinal the end is near and its gunna be me,my finace the doggie and a baby now lol :)

Appointment today fine, bp just about hanging in there so was happily sent home!

Another appointment booked for next Weds assuming I don't go before then but if I do make it to next Weds (due date is this Sat) I'll either be taken in then I think depending on blood pressure or max they'll schedule induction for that weekend, so max 1 1/2 to go!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I loved the gas! Really helped me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Hanracar

how is everyone doing ? i am 38 weeks gone and flip between wanting it to be over already and being scared that childbirth will soon be a reality ! finding the nights very hard, very unsettled sleep....and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

So I woke up at 4am on Wednesday morning with niggling pain in back.. By 11am it had formed into strong strong period pains which were regular and 3 minutes apart.. Bit confused as I'd had no show or waters break.. Rang the labour ward to check with them did they think the labour pains or just Braxton hicks. They told me to come in for some reassuring.. Yup I was in labour but wasn't even dilated.. Fun fun.. Make a long story short, our little girl was born at 5am on Thurs morning and is the most perfect 8 lb 9 ever.. We've no names yet as we were so convinced it was a boy we were having.. Labour was long and painful but you do forget about it afterward... What's the point in dwelling on it when you have something so lovely to show for it.

MissFire wrote: »
    So I woke up at 4am on Wednesday morning with niggling pain in back.. By 11am it had formed into strong strong period pains which were regular and 3 minutes apart.. Bit confused as I'd had no show or waters break.. Rang the labour ward to check with them did they think the labour pains or just Braxton hicks. They told me to come in for some reassuring.. Yup I was in labour but wasn't even dilated.. Fun fun.. Make a long story short, our little girl was born at 5am on Thurs morning and is the most perfect 8 lb 9 ever.. We've no names yet as we were so convinced it was a boy we were having.. Labour was long and painful but you do forget about it afterward... What's the point in dwelling on it when you have something so lovely to show for it.

Ah huge congrats!!!:D:D:D

Due day today!! Wonder if he'll make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Congrats MissFire, sounds like a long tough labour. That's gas that you had no girls name picked! I was preet sure we were having a boy too, but was relieved it was a girl as we had girls name picked but couldn't agree on boys name at all!

Eviction notice has been served going in for induction tomorrow im so so nervous im actually here cuddling my dog crying lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Eviction notice has been served going in for induction tomorrow im so so nervous im actually here cuddling my dog crying lol

Aw don't be scared it's not as bad as people will tell u! Nothing u can't handle ! Worth every pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

You'll be grand hun... It's so so worth it.. Good luck and best wishes for today!

You'll be amazing TippChick and will have a beautiful bouncing baby soon..you'll be incredibly happy and relaxed and Ill still be sitting sweating over the thought of labour:-):-)

Hope all the dads and dads to be have a great day...fiance loved the little bits I got him for today:-):-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not sure how I missed this but you're not allowed to advertise on boards, free or not. Do it again and you'll be banned. You've had your warning.

So who's left to go ladies?

I'm 40 + 3 now, a little bit terrified:( Appointment tomorrow in Rotunda so they'll make plans for me then so all up in the air now!

Lower back tender and loads of Braxton Hicks and some period type pains again this evening...been coming and going for past few days though!

Can't believe it's going to happen any day now, really stupidly scared of the idea of it...can't even focus properly on all the great stuff that comes after it cause it's kinda clouding my vision!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hanracar

38 + 4 feel the very same as you........scared of the idea of it all happening ........ the board is very quiet , i wonder if that means lots of people are in labour.......

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi girls, Hope ye dont have much longer of a wait!! But sleep as much as ye can now. LO is 3weeks old today and while she's fantastic.. the sleep deprivation is tough. We've managed to get her 'active/awake' time to the daytime now which is much easier than at 3am! But the nights are still tough with the broken sleep. How's everyone else finding it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Finally got to meet consultant yesterday and talk about my pelvic surgery and all the metal that is holding me together! Having spent the last week researching my own medical records and coming to the conclusion that there was no way my pelvis was gonna budge as there is an 8 hole reconstruction plate joining across the front where the ligaments normally soften and open to allow baba out and reminding them that my orthopedic team back then always said I would need a section (the consultant glanced at my files 2 wks ago and said I was fine to go into labour naturally as only left side of my pelvis was damaged :-( ) combined with the measurements yesterday putting me at 44 wks along!!

so long story short, they begrudgingly scheduled me in for a c-section this morning! Not a very "planned" section but certainly the safest option given my condition. I'm nearly a week over now, baby is huge and although I'm so ready for it, I'd be lying if I said I'm not bricking it right now! But can't wait to finally meet my baba :-)

Ah best of luck Magentas you're going to have your baby in your arms by the end of today, that's pretty amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Thanks Smokey, best of luck with your appointment today, let us know how you get on x

• Advertisement

Best of luck Magentas!! Glad you got sorted. I was a ftm having a section too and just keep calm as you can. Everything will be explained and in less than 30mins you'll have your baby :) Good luck!!

Move at of luck Magentas and Smokey, Magentas, I know a section isn't ideal and I was very set against not having one, but you know what, it's not so bad. The worst of the pain is over in a couple of days and there are positives like you can enjoy your baby straight away because you're not wrecked after a long labour. Just try and rest as much as you can afterwards, in hindsight I probably did too much running around afterwards and made recovery harder. Another thing I found, I didn't get that immediate 'rush of love' that people talk about. Not sure if it was the drugs or the fact that mine was emergency and a bit of a whirlwind, but for the first few hours I felt a bit out of it and as if it were all happening to someone else. It wore off after a few hours, but my sister said she felt the same after her section so it's no harm to be aware that it can happen but trust me, it does wear off and the love is unreal.

Back from appointment, blood pressure good, master saw us and did physical exam, I'm 2-3cm and had bloody show as he examined me so he thinks I could go tonight or tomorrow but either way thinks I'll definitely go before induction which is next Tuesday!!

So we're taking it very easy tonight, first time I've been the calm one and fiance has got all nervous:D:D:D:D

We're still playing the waiting game here....:-)

came home with my little boy yesterday ended up having an emergency section as he was in distress and his heart rate had dropped. its not the wrost in the world the pain is bareable afterwards :) minute u see baby all is worth it

came home with my little boy yesterday ended up having an emergency section as he was in distress and his heart rate had dropped. its not the wrost in the world the pain is bareable afterwards :) minute u see baby all is worth it

Ah huge congrats I was looking forward to hearing how you got on! How did you find being induced and were you long in labour before section?

Delighted to hear how happy you feel once baby arrives:-)

Congrats tippchick, same story as myself. I was so against having a section, but once you hear you're little one is in trouble, you just don't care you just want them out safe. Hope all is well with you and your little boy. Any name yet?

ncmc wrote: »
    Congrats tippchick, same story as myself. I was so against having a section, but once you hear you're little one is in trouble, you just don't care you just want them out safe. Hope all is well with you and your little boy. Any name yet?

After being induced.. Baby Oscar is here!! Labour was the hardest thing ive ever done but the reward at the end is worth every second. We're so happy! And the epidural is one of man's greatest inventions!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I have checked so many times today for your post! Well done and welcome to your little boy.

• Advertisement

Congrats Smokey!! Lovely name.. glad he's finally arrived :)

Advertisement