Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

dustie1 wrote: »
    Congrats Smokey!! Lovely name.. glad he's finally arrived :)

Ah thanks girls we're so in love with him...I just never want to think about labour again:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Our gorgeous baby boy was delivered last Wed night, a big healthy 9lb 5oz!
    We are so so thrilled, it's an amazing feeling. Sorry didn't get on here sooner, haven't been online much the last week, finding the breast feeding tough and nothing could have prepared us for the sleepless nights!

It's funny moving from the TTC thread to the pregnant thread and now onto the newborn thread I guess!:)

Congrats to all the new mums, delighted for you Smokey, Oscar is a gorgeous name. I hope the early days are good to all of you and for anyone still waiting...SLEEP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN NOW lol! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Congrats magentas! Wow, he was a big baby! How's the recovery going for you? I found sleep was great for helping the healing... but not easy to achieve with a newborn.. so get as many naps as your OH will allow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Congrats smokie, tippchick and magentas , glad to hear you all got on well and had your healthy babies! Hope you're all getting on well with them.

Huge congrats girls so delighted for all of us, it's such an incredibly overwhelming thing but we've never been happier, you're overwhelmed with love and I didn't think I could love my fiance any more but it's brought us even closer together, it's just such a beautiful time I'm savouring every second!

But yes the sleepless nights are incredibly hard and breastfeeding has had me in tears many times already. We used supplement formula last night and it made an enormous difference as we got a bit more sleep, Oscar wasn't frustrated and upset trying to latch on and he slept better too. I still want to breastfeed so fiance is getting us a little pump today to see if that would help. I have big boobs anyway and now they're full of milk since yesterday they're incredibly sore, large and it's made it even harder to get him to latch on at all! I love breastfeeding though when it works so really want to try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

hows everyone getting on with their babies time to go back to work now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

We're getting on great! Christine is 23 weeks now and is as cute as a button. She is such a good baby, slept through the night from early on and rarely cries without reason! Still breast feeding but supplementing with one bottle per day which is working well. Not back in work til January, took a few days unpaid plus holidays. Waiting to hear back about a 4 day week so fingers crossed!

Great to see how you're all getting on!

Our little Oscar is 4 1/2 months and doing so well, he's hilarious and every week you can see a little jump in what he can do!

In the past week as well he's started sleeping through the night, it's like a dream! We're saying nothing just in case he changes his mind:D

All in all good and I feel completely back to normal now which is great. 4th period just started after 3 horrible ones and fingers crossed it seems a little bit better!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Hey! My LO is doing great too.. Doesn't know the meaning of sleeping through the night yet but sure I'm used to being a zombie now.. Still breastfeeding, wow it was the hardest thing ever at the start, but we flying along.. Funny, I'd barely thought about it beforehand, thought it was simple and I'd give it a go and might just do it for a fortnight or so.. Lol.. Starting to think about solids now.. Yikes.. But she is a wonderful baby, very tall and has her daddys Brown eyes.. Smitten!

Job let me go so it looks like I'm a full time Mammy for the time being.. We're both OK about that for time being, we'll see how we get on..
    Hope you're all doing well xxx

PS anyone thinking of going again? :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi all, Glad to hear all the june babies are doing well. We're doing good here.. LO had her nights down.. she was super dooper doing 10-12 hours a night but the last week or two she's started waking twice a night again!! I know we were so spoilt but its nearly worse now as we know she can sleep though the night but she's in pain. Think its teething pains so hoping that the first tooth will cut through soon.
    I'm back to work start of January.. OH is going to be stay at home dad so not as tough leaving them behind.. but not looking forward to it either.. although cant wait to be paid properly again :-D. LO is mad for solids now.. she took to the spoon feeds so quickly and loves fruit purees. She doesnt have much time for the bottle at all now and she shouts if she see's a spoon now to tell us she's hungry. Cant wait for her first christmas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

Been a while since we posted on this thread hope all june 2014 babies are doing great cant beleive were orgainising the 1st birthday parties now :)

Advertisement