Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

MissFire wrote: »
    Hey... little bump / lots of excess fat (?) Is doing good ha ha.. still have people trying to touch it which I'm still not liking much.

New symptoms this week are bleeding gums and acne... it's rotten.. especially the acne.. my skin has changed to being dry with sore boils (wtf?).. makeup not working at all.. I'm such a paranoid android in work, just keeping my head down.. feel like a giant walking spot.. sniff sniff.

Anyone else got any new symptoms?
    My skin wouldn’t be the greatest at the best of times and it definitely broke out in the first trimester. It has improved a little over the last couple of weeks. I’m still waiting for that ‘pregnancy glow’ though!

I’ve been really lucky with no symptoms really, but one weird one I have is itchy skin! Especially my back, arms and boobs (try explaining that when you work in an all male environment!) I didn’t even twig that it was a symptom until I read it on another board.

I definitely have a little bump, but it’s not too big yet. I am definitely getting an extender belt this week though as my trousers are getting to the unbearably uncomfortable stage (could have something to do with all the tubes of Pringles I am polishing off single handed!)

My big news is that I got to hear the heartbeat this morning! I was at the doctor for my 16 week check up and thankfully, she was able to pick it up with the Doppler straight away. It was such an amazing feeling and definitely shed a tear or two of relief! Blood pressure is perfect and I feel so lucky to be keeping so well, I nearly feel like something is bound to go wrong as I have been so lucky so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I had a gp check up today, everything was grand. Got the flu jab too, it's a teeeeny tiny needle didn't feel a thing!
    The doc said he doesn't check with a Doppler at 16 weeks as baby is still very small and sometimes you can't find a heartbeat and it can cause unnessecary worry if they can't find it!
    Makes sense but was a little disappointed!

That's a total bummer Sarah, the nurse I was with did say that it could be hard to find and did tell me not to get too worried if she couldn't find anything. But thankfully she found it straight away and it was such a relief.

I probably would have had a heart attack and gone straight to hospital if he couldn't find it so I'm sure he had good reasons hahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    I probably would have had a heart attack and gone straight to hospital if he couldn't find it so I'm sure he had good reasons hahahaha!

Took my doc about twenty minutes to find heartbeat at check-up.. And even at that it was just for split second.. oh me nerves! She told me she would send me to hospital if she couldn't find it as she actually seemed nervous too... but thankfully even that split second was enough reassurance...

How are you getting on this week.. any flutters or anything? I don't know what flutters supposed to be like so dunno if I having them or it's just gas lol.

Still can't stop eating.. dear lord, I'll be like Nelly the elephant by the time June comes around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 bingie

Mind if I join you ladies, Due the 8th and so far everything going ok.

I'm origionally from the UK but been living in Cork the last 5 years. Unfortunatly don't know any other parents/parents to be down here so been feeling a little lonely with everything recently.

Hope everything is going fine with you guys and bumps :)

I'm origionally from the UK but been living in Cork the last 5 years. Unfortunatly don't know any other parents/parents to be down here so been feeling a little lonely with everything recently.

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow can feel tiny little flutters!
    Have my big scan on the 21st jan. My friend is pregnant and due in April they aren't giving her a big (anamoly?) scan until 32 weeks! That's in drogheda. I'm going to the rotunda mine will be at 21 weeks

bingie wrote: »

Having a baby is a great way to meet people I'd imagine! Baby/toddler groups and in my case I'll probably be joining weightwatchers afterwards hehe

How is everyone keeping? All good here 18 weeks now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Nicola123

Hi Everyone,
    I'm due my first baby 25th June, I'm 15 + 2 at the moment. I had my first scan when I was 11+4 and everything was fine but I started bleeding 2 days later, a proper bleed not just spotting. Was brought straight to the hospital and had another scan and everything was still perfect, but it happened again the following week so had another scan and still everything was fine and the doctor told me there was no source for the blood and the baby was perfect and lively so I'm relieved.

Did anything similar happen to anyone else? I don't have another hospital appointment/scan until April 4th so I'm very anxious. I don't have any symptoms really bar tiredness not showing yet and not feeling anything yet! I've ordered a fetal doppler thing online to hopefully give me a bit of reassurance between now and April.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Sorry to put a dampner on things! xxx

Sorry to hear about your bleed Nicola, I haven’t experienced anything like that, but I also post on rollercoaster.ie and a few of the women there had similar problems and like you, their baby was fine and there was no explanation for the bleed. If your doctor isn’t worried, then I wouldn’t be worried either. Is this your first? I’m 19 weeks tomorrow and have just started feeling flutters in the last few days. It apparently takes longer to feel movement with the first baby. I too have ordered a Doppler, but I ordered it ages ago and no sign of it yet, in some ways I regret ordering it because it apparently can be hard to find the HB using them and I’m worried I’ll freak out if I can’t find it!

Would you consider booking yourself in for a private scan? April seems like an awful long time to wait. They cost about €100 and they are worth every penny for peace of mind IMO.

All well with me, excited to feel flutters this week and looking forward to hitting the halfway mark and having my 20 week scan in the next couple of weeks!

It’s mad how quiet this thread is, the July thread is putting us to shame!

I'm feeling flutters too and yesterday we had movement strong enough that daddy got to feel it too! Amazing!

I'm feeling flutters too and yesterday we had movement strong enough that daddy got to feel it too! Amazing!
    Oh wow, that is great SarahBear, I can’t wait until my husband can feel them too. Mine just feel like belly burps at the moment :pac: In fact I started feeling them this day last week but put it down to the Indian I had just eaten :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hi All,

First post here, due early June and we're very excited and over the moon although I'm still finding the whole thing a bit scary.

I'm 18 weeks and last night got an awful headache which was on and off all night and is still there mildly this morning. Of course I googled it last night and completely freaked myself out with all the high blood pressure talk. Unfortunately my blood pressure wasn't great to begin with so I really need to watch it, especially as I went a bit mad food wise over Christmas and am overweight.

Just wanted to know had anyone else experienced headaches? I was on the computer a lot too so I know that wouldn't help plus how stressed I made myself once I googled stuff.

Anyway just waiting on a call back from the midwife to see what they'd recommend I should do and if I should pop to the doc

Hi SmokeyEyes, welcome! You’re not alone finding things scary, I think I am only beginning to relax a bit now, feeling the first flutters has definitely put my mind at ease. I have heard of pregnant women getting severe headaches, but you’re right to get checked out, especially if you have existing issues with your BP. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing serious. Let us know how you get on.

My Doppler finally arrived today! It’s tiny though, not sure how it could possibly work, but will have a go tonight and report back.

I got a few headaches but they were mostly caused by just not sleeping well and being in front of the PC. I found after a night's sleep they usually went.

I've still not had any fluttering here but I'm expanding bumpwise so taking that as a good sign.

I've got my 20week scan on the 22nd and am curious, is this the anomoly scan where they check everything over or is this something else? Also will I see a midwife at this point to check BP and such as no-one has actually mentioned what it's for.

I got a few headaches but they were mostly caused by just not sleeping well and being in front of the PC. I found after a night's sleep they usually went.

I've still not had any fluttering here but I'm expanding bumpwise so taking that as a good sign.

I've got my 20week scan on the 22nd and am curious, is this the anomoly scan where they check everything over or is this something else? Also will I see a midwife at this point to check BP and such as no-one has actually mentioned what it's for.

When I rang the Rotunda this morning they booked me in for my next full checkout with midwife/consultant so it turns out my appointment on 29th is just the big scan so think they just check out baby and organs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nicola123

I've had a few headaches but nothing major. 16 weeks today and no symptoms and no flutters, can't wait to feel something to ease my stress!! :)

I spoke to the midwife yesterday about my bad headache and tension in head and she said to ease my mind to go to the doc this morning. So I went and my blood pressure was 144/100 and I had protein in my urine so she said I needed to go into the Rotunda to be checked straight from the docs.

Needless to say I was terrified and sat in the emergency waiting room with my fiance and mam for 5 hours waiting to be seen by a doc. I had my blood pressure done twice within a minute or two of each other lying down and relaxed and it went down to 127/80 and 124/75 so they were very happy with that and in my next urine sample the protein had disappeared. They tested my reflexes, did a scan of the baby and were very happy to let me go. They said often a badly fitting cuff for blood pressure gives a bad reading and the machine in the Rotunda was certainly miles better than in the doc. I was very stressed and worried today but I'm so delighted that things are ok and that my blood pressure is better today than it was when I went for my first visit in December.

The doc said blood pressure can vary throughout the day and protein can show up even if you eat certain foods so it's worth noting the doc can have you scared and then you can feel much better when you get checked again!

• Advertisement

You poor thing smokey eyes, I think a lot of GP’s are uber cautious when it comes to any pregnancy related ailments and send the mother straight to the hospital, but I’m sure it was a stressful day for you. Both my father and my sister have high BP (not pregnancy related obviously!) and they often find that the first time they take their BP it’s sky high and then when they wait a few minutes it’s fine. Also, I think the machines do vary a lot. At my 12 week check up my BP was elevated on the electronic machine, but fine on the old fashioned one (which the mid wife says are more accurate) Still, all’s well that ends well and at least your BP is ok now and there is not protein in your urine. Better safe than sorry with these things.

I felt like absolute pooh yesterday, nauseous all day, light headed, absolutely exhausted… I felt more like I was 9 weeks pregnant than 19! Feel fine today though so hopefully it was just an ‘off’ day.

Thanks ncmc, I'm going to ring the midwife today to talk about scheduling regular blood pressure checks for safety but also my own peace of mind. I've had a tension headache for 4 days now on and off and any fake lights seem to aggravate it which isn't nice!

Hi ladies how's everyone keeping ?
    I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and we have our big scan in the rotunda at 2pm tomorrow afternoon. Really looking forward to it :)
    Hope all the June bumps are doing well

Hi guys, everything going well here apart from the allday, all night sickness I've had for weeks now. Was up at 3am last night scavaging for food in the house to keep me going until morning. OH was not impressed at all.

Scan tomorrow at 8am and fingers crossed we can find out the gender. Been putting off buying anything until we know so we have more of an idea what we might need.

How is everyone doing?

Hi ladies how's everyone keeping ?
    I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and we have our big scan in the rotunda at 2pm tomorrow afternoon. Really looking forward to it :)
    Hope all the June bumps are doing well
    How did you get on at your scan Sarah Bear? Did you find out the gender?
    Hi guys, everything going well here apart from the allday, all night sickness I've had for weeks now. Was up at 3am last night scavaging for food in the house to keep me going until morning. OH was not impressed at all.

Scan tomorrow at 8am and fingers crossed we can find out the gender. Been putting off buying anything until we know so we have more of an idea what we might need.

How is everyone doing?
    Best of luck in your scan bingie, exciting to think this time you'll know what you're having!

I had a scan last week, was very tempted to find out the sex, but decided in the end that we would keep it a surprise. I am 99% sure we are having a boy anyway. My sister in law has given me loads of neutral baby gros and vests, so don't think we'll have to buy for the first few weeks anyway.

I feel really pregnant in the last week! Bump seems to be growing daily, feeling loads of movement (in the middle of the night mostly - think we have a night owl on our hands :eek:) so I think for the first time, it all feels real!

Scan was amazing.. So clear everything looks perfect thank god.
    Baby was so active !
    We decided not to find out the gender.
    Is anyone having a 3D scan?
    I'm in two minds whether to book one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Scan was amazing.. So clear everything looks perfect thank god.
    Baby was so active !
    We decided not to find out the gender.
    Is anyone having a 3D scan?
    I'm in two minds whether to book one!

If you can find any way to afford it, I absolutely would.

We had ruled it out due to cost, and we were getting tonnes of scans at the hospital as it was. However at a hospital scan at 39 weeks, the consultant turned on the 3d scan, and my god it was amazing to see him, that it was a real live person inside of me!

And how awesome would it be in a few years, to show them how they looked while still inside the womb. :)

It truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

If you can find any way to afford it, I absolutely would.

We had ruled it out due to cost, and we were getting tonnes of scans at the hospital as it was. However at a hospital scan at 39 weeks, the consultant turned on the 3d scan, and my god it was amazing to see him, that it was a real live person inside of me!

And how awesome would it be in a few years, to show them how they looked while still inside the womb. :)

It truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

We can afford it no problem.. It's just daddy thinks they are a bit freaky/scary hahahaha
    I think I have him convinced though..!

50 minutes to go! Woken up with typical morning sickness so hoping it passes by the time I get into the hospital. Does anyone else find out it's always boiling in there?

We're not going for a 3D scan. Simply don't see the reason to as we'll be meeting baby in less than 6 months anyways.

• Advertisement

Best of luck bingie. The hospital is always roasting, dreading what it'll be like in June!

We too have decided against a 3D scan. I know they are lovely, but they really are more of an aesthetic thing than anything and I just felt the money could be better spent else were. I can kind of see where your OH is coming from Sarah Bear, I think they can be a bit creepy too!

Advertisement