Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

MissFire wrote: »
    Hey! Im 33 weeks on wednesday, and ten sheets along on the toilet roll lol.. last week has been crazy as I just seem to have ballooned, belly button will probably be gone by end of this week..
    babs seems to be fine, theres notthing wrong with its feet anyhow and im getting fierce kicks all the time, a few sore ones to the ribs, swear it nearly broke a ribthe other night..
    im still getting a few walks in during week but I seem to have slowed down quiet a bit which is a little frustrating at times, especially for the dog lol
    havent had an appointment with the hospital in what seems an eternity, have one next week, it cant come soon enough, really hope I get sone kinda scan.. is there usually any more scans now does anyone know?
    In general all is well I think, could do with some more sleep, but im not complaining, only three weeks left in work, yay!

hope youre all keeping well!
    What hospital are you with MissFire? I’m public in CUMH and had a quick scan last week at my 32 week check up. I don’t think it’s a set thing, I think it depends who you see. It was really quick and I didn’t get to see much, but the little puddin’ weighs almost 4lbs! Mad to think that if he/she was born now, they’d be a pretty decent weight! All great with me, got a bit of a scare last week when I had reduced movement for a couple of days. Had to go up to the hospital for a trace on the babies HB, course the baby started kicking like mad the minute the trace went on! I felt a bit silly, but they were totally lovely up there and take reduced movement very seriously so they didn’t make me feel like I was over reacting. So jealous that you only have three weeks left in work! I still have six, but there’s a few short weeks in there, so I’m sure it’ll fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi all,
    I could end up a May mum at this rate!! Loads of hospital fun these days. They are worried about pre-eclampsia at the moment so i'm in for bloods, bp checks and monitoring twice this week. I finished up work a fortnight ago but it hasnt brought my BP down much. I'm 32 weeks now so taking it very easy trying to get to 36-37weeks now

It’s very stressful Dustie, my sister had pre eclampsia and I remember she was up the walls for the last few weeks trying to keep her blood pressure down. Sure a wee May baby would be lovely. I’m still hoping I get an early birthday present – my birthday is on May 29th – so about a week before that would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hope it stays a bit lower for you Dustie either way they'll bring the baby when they think is best so try not to worry about it you're in great hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hanracar

Hope your BP lowers and everything stays on track Dustie, its good that they are doing lots of monitoring at least you can be sure they won't let anything get too far out of whack. I am 30 weeks now and got a scare as i had low levels of amniotic fluid of course i drove myself mad with Dr Google and thought i would be having the baby any day now. They monitored me for a bit and seems to be back in the normal range.

Getting very real now with prenatal classes and everything, haven't quite got my head around the actual labour and delivery !

• Advertisement

Hanracar wrote: »
    Hope your BP lowers and everything stays on track Dustie, its good that they are doing lots of monitoring at least you can be sure they won't let anything get too far out of whack. I am 30 weeks now and got a scare as i had low levels of amniotic fluid of course i drove myself mad with Dr Google and thought i would be having the baby any day now. They monitored me for a bit and seems to be back in the normal range.

Getting very real now with prenatal classes and everything, haven't quite got my head around the actual labour and delivery !

I'm the opposite I have high normal fluid range so going in for another scan at the end of this month! Glad your fluid stabilised hopefully mine will too!

Thanks for the support guys. Was in for monitoring monday and check with midwife today. All good so far and bp was normal. V weird.. then again they had me lying on the bed for readings.. but whatever keeps me outta the hospital :) Have a break now til Thursday. Its great they are so thorough

How high is your BP dustie? I had mine taken today and it was a bit higher than normal, 135/85. It was part of a pre eclampsia study I am taking part in and it was one of the portable machines rather than the big ones they normally use so I'm hoping it's just the machine and not the start of it being elevated.

Dont worry ncmc, thats not very raised BP! Last week I got several readings greater than 150/100 last week. Its the lower reading (diastolic, pressure when heart is resting which is the main one..) if thats above 95 then they tend to get concerned. If the upper one (systolic) is above 150 then they get a bit concerned too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ncmc wrote: »
    How high is your BP dustie? I had mine taken today and it was a bit higher than normal, 135/85. It was part of a pre eclampsia study I am taking part in and it was one of the portable machines rather than the big ones they normally use so I'm hoping it's just the machine and not the start of it being elevated.

Mine was 140/85 yesterday and nobody batted an eyelid, I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies, I knew it wasn't very high, but just hope it's not the start of it rising. It's been perfect at every other check up. I'm just a bit paranoid as my sister had pre-eclampsia and I know how awful it is.

Just realised yesterday I only have 24 days in work left!!!! Oh my word, that makes it feel crazy close!!!

Few cramps again today, nothing bad just what I had a week or so ago and then it disappears of it's own accord, starting to get constipated so don't think that's helping matters!

Hope you all have a great Easter ladies I'm really craving sweet things this week so will be very grateful for an egg on Sunday!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Few cramps again today, nothing bad just what I had a week or so ago and then it disappears of it's own accord, starting to get constipated so don't think that's helping matters!

Hope you all have a great Easter ladies I'm really craving sweet things this week so will be very grateful for an egg on Sunday!:D

Why wait til Sunday? Haha .. I found these nice little chocs in lidl the other day and have been sneaking them on and off over the day since.. Nom Nom..

Orange juice helps me if I start feeling bunged up, although thankfully I've been lucky with the constipation over past few months, it's generally my own fault if I do, usually after I eat white bread (them flipping hot chicken rolls from petrol station are a curse.. A delicious yummy curse)..

All been OK here, besides stress from family issue.. I did too much on Wednesday, stooping and cleaning and felt awful yesterday.. I really wanna help with the cleaning and house decorating but I think I have to admit defeat and take a step back and let him wreck the place, I mean clean the place ;)

I'll be honest we're going to have a little egg each tonight, why wait until Sunday indeed:)

You poor yoke try take it easy today and you'll hopefully feel a bit better, I think the new heat is going to be a killer as well I'm warm all the time anyway so after a walk yesterday I was pooped!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Hope I get an Easter egg too :) might buy myself one haha. Anyone else getting a lot of pressure down stairs? Feels awful but prob just bad because I'm on my feet all day!

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Hope I get an Easter egg too :) might buy myself one haha. Anyone else getting a lot of pressure down stairs? Feels awful but prob just bad because I'm on my feet all day!

Pressure as in your bladder feels like a trampoline? I broke a new record of having to go to toilet twice in 25 minutes the other night cause of a certain someone jumping around.. Gives me a fright sometimes cause it feels like me bladder is going to fall out ha ha it's only going to get worse.. The joys

Those low achy pains are back for me, lasted a few days last time and then disappeared so hopefully the same this time, pain in the bum but what can you do! And I go to the toilet so much now, don't mind at home but some of the public toilets can be so manky I'd really rather not use them!

Pressure as in your bladder feels like a trampoline? I broke a new record of having to go to toilet twice in 25 minutes the other night cause of a certain someone jumping around.. Gives me a fright sometimes cause it feels like me bladder is going to fall out ha ha it's only going to get worse.. The joys

Pressure.. I can describe as feeling like the baby is going to fall out lol! Feels a lot like I got kicked in the privates!

Oh I know what pressure you're talking about now.. Deary me.. I thought my bottom and bits were going to be pushed out yesterday.. Dunno what baba has been at over weekend but something has changed in there.. Me thinks change in position.. Has anyone had those weird sharp 'kicks\punches\headbutts' to the hip bone yet either?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

Due 5th of june :) 33weeks gone wow hope the labour goes as easy as this pregenancy :) hope all is feeling ok xxx

• Advertisement

Oh I know what pressure you're talking about now.. Deary me.. I thought my bottom and bits were going to be pushed out yesterday.. Dunno what baba has been at over weekend but something has changed in there.. Me thinks change in position.. Has anyone had those weird sharp 'kicks\punches\headbutts' to the hip bone yet either?

Yes they can be really sharp and sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

The movement had really quietened down for me the past few days. Yesterday was so quiet that I went into the hospital for a trace - all was absolutely perfect and baby moved a few times while I was in there and then last night I had a good bit of movement. I even got a proper head-butt in the ribs for the first time - ow! This morning it's quiet again - I'm getting the odd flutter but nothing too hectic. Not sure if it's just a change in pattern or what, but I'm a nervous wreck with it. 34 weeks today. I've an appointment in the hospital on Wednesday. I'm getting to a point where I just can't wait to have this baby here safe and sound. It's been such a long road...

The movement had really quietened down for me the past few days. Yesterday was so quiet that I went into the hospital for a trace - all was absolutely perfect and baby moved a few times while I was in there and then last night I had a good bit of movement. I even got a proper head-butt in the ribs for the first time - ow! This morning it's quiet again - I'm getting the odd flutter but nothing too hectic. Not sure if it's just a change in pattern or what, but I'm a nervous wreck with it. 34 weeks today. I've an appointment in the hospital on Wednesday. I'm getting to a point where I just can't wait to have this baby here safe and sound. It's been such a long road...

Did you get a kick chart? I was in the other day for reduced movement too and they gave me a kick chart to chart the movements. They said ten movements in a twelve hour period was what we were aiming for.

January wrote: »
    Did you get a kick chart? I was in the other day for reduced movement too and they gave me a kick chart to chart the movements. They said ten movements in a twelve hour period was what we were aiming for.

No I didn't - but I'm certainly getting more than 10 movements within 12 hours. Some small, some bigger. It's just that I had some really active days last week and now things have quietened again.

If all goes to plan I only have 5 weeks and 1 day left, if things change then they will take me in earlier, so that's the maximum amount of time left. I know it's very short but it feels endless at the moment - I'm just worried all the time! I wish I could enjoy these last few weeks!

No I didn't - but I'm certainly getting more than 10 movements within 12 hours. Some small, some bigger. It's just that I had some really active days last week and now things have quietened again.

If all goes to plan I only have 5 weeks and 1 day left, if things change then they will take me in earlier, so that's the maximum amount of time left. I know it's very short but it feels endless at the moment - I'm just worried all the time! I wish I could enjoy these last few weeks!

I was worried about how strong the movements were too rather than the frequency of them and they said it's fine once baby is actually moving. It's so hard to just relax and enjoy it, everything is a worry.

January wrote: »
    I was worried about how strong the movements were too rather than the frequency of them and they said it's fine once baby is actually moving. It's so hard to just relax and enjoy it, everything is a worry.

Thanks so much for that - you're reading my mind! Last week I had feet sticking out my side and the movements were undeniable so it's hard to trust the lighter ones! I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying, people keep asking if I'm excited - I would be the most excited person on earth if i knew for a fact that everything was going to be okay. It's reassuring when they're active - and terrifying when they're not

You poor thing Mary, I had a similar scare a couple of weeks ago and thankfully all was ok. I was told that round this time, baby starts to run out of space, so it can feel more like squirms and sticking their limbs out than proper full on kicks.

ncmc wrote: »
    You poor thing Mary, I had a similar scare a couple of weeks ago and thankfully all was ok. I was told that round this time, baby starts to run out of space, so it can feel more like squirms and sticking their limbs out than proper full on kicks.

Thanks m'dear. I have noticed the change from " kicks" to stretching. Babs is stretching his legs out at the moment in fact!

It's so reassuring when they move and so scary when they're quiet! Is it bad that I'm kinda looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow as it might stop me obsessing?!!

I think they're it's like us, they have quiet days and busy days! Sometimes I feel like this little one is gonna burst out of me! Others it's pretty quiet. I think a kick chart or app is a good idea, when I went up to the hospital I wasn't able to say with any certainty when I'd last felt movement. But you're right, the worry doesn't decrease any as as time goes on, I just want my baby in my arms! It feels so close yet so far!

• Advertisement

I've had a few days where he's been quiet too, the past week or so though he really feels like he's grown so the fact he's an active baby really shows! He seems to sleep when I do, then as soon as I'm up like this morning, myself and fiance were having a chat in bed and he was holding my belly and within a minute or two the little guy woke up and started kicking and moving like a mad thing!:D

Advertisement