Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    Only a few weeks left! Wonder will we have any May babies?

Mine is scheduled to be a May baby at the moment, unless baby decides to change positions in the next few weeks (looking unlikely at the moment!). This time 2 weeks I'll be starting my maternity leave! And please God this time 4 weeks I'll finally be a mammy; all going to plan baby will be a couple of days old! It's nerve-wracking - I hope all goes well and baby is okay.

All is good with me at the moment, the various pregnancy niggles are getting more prominent but overall I'm doing great! I feel very lucky! I've my 36 week appointment next week - I think they might be weekly from then on?

How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Mine is scheduled to be a May baby at the moment, unless baby decides to change positions in the next few weeks (looking unlikely at the moment!). This time 2 weeks I'll be starting my maternity leave! And please God this time 4 weeks I'll finally be a mammy; all going to plan baby will be a couple of days old! It's nerve-wracking - I hope all goes well and baby is okay.

All is good with me at the moment, the various pregnancy niggles are getting more prominent but overall I'm doing great! I feel very lucky! I've my 36 week appointment next week - I think they might be weekly from then on?

How is everyone else doing?
    You must be due around same time as me, I'm 2nd June.
    I'm finished work in 2 weeks, finding it so exhausting !
    Can't wait to finish up!
    I'm with gp next week and then hospital at 37 weeks

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    You must be due around same time as me, I'm 2nd June.
    I'm finished work in 2 weeks, finding it so exhausting !
    Can't wait to finish up!
    I'm with gp next week and then hospital at 37 weeks

Yeah I'm 2nd June too! There are a few people in work due around the same time - the hospital will be busy! I'm looking forward to finishing up work as it's stressful and I'm exhausted but it is keeping me busy and distracted so I'm glad I'm able to stick it out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm June 14th! 34 Weeks and feeling good so far, bp and urine were perfect in consultants on Weds evening so all ok so far, just trying to get the labour bag/ward bag together, so many little things to get organised!

The last thing I need for my bag is nursing bras - hoping to get them this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

I packed my hospital bag on Monday. I've had an overnight bag in car for last while due to admissions but been in denial about needing the "real" bag. Dunno how ye girls are doing it.. I'm a month finished work now and dunno how i'd get through the day without my naps.

Still battling high BP despite meds (on 2 now to try and reduce it). Having a least weekly visits with Consultant now which is reassuring. Although he did mention induction last time which I wasnt too pleased about. He really wants to get to 38wks (will be 35wks this wkend), but as the baby is small and not engaged I'm very anti-induction as I dont want her (and me) stressed by induction and ending up being emergency section. Oh well, i'll be more ready for the conversation next week, it just kinda threw me yesterday. Its all kinda scary end game stuff which I just wasnt prepared for. Although a few nights on a labour ward has scared me no end!

dustie1 wrote: »
    I packed my hospital bag on Monday. I've had an overnight bag in car for last while due to admissions but been in denial about needing the "real" bag. Dunno how ye girls are doing it.. I'm a month finished work now and dunno how i'd get through the day without my naps.

Still battling high BP despite meds (on 2 now to try and reduce it). Having a least weekly visits with Consultant now which is reassuring. Although he did mention induction last time which I wasnt too pleased about. He really wants to get to 38wks (will be 35wks this wkend), but as the baby is small and not engaged I'm very anti-induction as I dont want her (and me) stressed by induction and ending up being emergency section. Oh well, i'll be more ready for the conversation next week, it just kinda threw me yesterday. Its all kinda scary end game stuff which I just wasnt prepared for. Although a few nights on a labour ward has scared me no end!

Try not to worry about it Dustie, from reading Mum2Be and seeing girls there being induced it was all ok and I'm sure they'll only do whatever they think is best for the both of you. It seems the end of pregnancy is very all over the place, don't think we can plan for it just prepare day by day and adjust as new things pop up!!

Hormone headaches back again so glad I was at consultant this week and know my bp and urine are good as any other time I get them I start worrying:) My biggest pregnancy symptom has been worry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

i finished up work yesterday im 35 weeks due the 5/june.im on 2weeks holidays until the 19th and than offically start im so tired but other than that im feeling fine :) ive so gotta get y hospital bag sorted i dunno where to start :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I bought the big green maternity pads today, holy god they are like matresses! They were 3€ a pack I bought 3 packs for first couple of days, they sell them in hospital too though.
    Dealz in blanch has the black Kotex night time pads for 1.50€ a pack I got some of them too I heard they are good!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

The last thing I need for my bag is nursing bras - hoping to get them this weekend!

I went in on Friday to get measured for mine and she told me to come back in two weeks.. Haven't a notion what size I am at moment so wanted to get measured.. Strangely the bra she recommended came in small, medium or large so didn't really matter about exact size (34d etc).. Wanted to get measured so I had enough time to buy some online ha ha.. Might try again this week and just ask another woman in there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Where was that MissFire? I'd like to get ones that are S/M/L as I tend to be bigger round the back than in the cup so end up with either tight round the back or room left in the cup. I was told in M&S to get measured at 38 weeks.

Insomnia seems to be making a return (as you can see from the time of posting!) If it's not my hubby's snoring keeping me awake, it's the baby doing gymnastics on my bowel! Think he has the hiccups now... The baby that is, not the hubby!

MissFire wrote: »
    I went in on Friday to get measured for mine and she told me to come back in two weeks.. Haven't a notion what size I am at moment so wanted to get measured.. Strangely the bra she recommended came in small, medium or large so didn't really matter about exact size (34d etc).. Wanted to get measured so I had enough time to buy some online ha ha.. Might try again this week and just ask another woman in there..

I'm only 36 weeks... I probably should wait a couple of weeks but i actually haven't gone up hugely in size over pregnancy and there hasn't been any change at all in the last few months so I'll take a chance and buy a couple. I'm not buying super-expensive ones anyway as I don't need them - the benefits of being smaller!

I had a really lazy day yesterday, the first in months, and I'm feeling rested now. I'm ready for my day of shopping!

ncmc wrote: »
    Where was that MissFire? I'd like to get ones that are S/M/L as I tend to be bigger round the back than in the cup so end up with either tight round the back or room left in the cup. I was told in M&S to get measured at 38 weeks.

Insomnia seems to be making a return (as you can see from the time of posting!) If it's not my hubby's snoring keeping me awake, it's the baby doing gymnastics on my bowel! Think he has the hiccups now... The baby that is, not the hubby!

Shaw's in Wexford. I never took note of the brand of the bra but I'll let you know as soon as I try it.. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow so I guess it was a bit early, guess I just wanna have everything bought at this stage..
    Finishing up work tomorrow evening, can't wait now, simply cause I'm finding it harder to sit at desk for so long.. Think I'm going to have to go into loo shortly and do some exercises, me back is aching.. Baba is asleep at moment, but give it an hour and the party will begin again in there ha ha.. It's nearly like clockwork..

I probably bought my bras too early but as I'm still losing weight my bra size hasn't changed so I'm hoping they'll last the course, maybe I should buy some back extenders just in case!:confused:

Jeez went on a 40 min walk there because we ate like pigs over the weekend, fiance was grand by the time we came back but I'm wrecked, don't think I'll be doing that long again if it's getting too much for me, the hill at the end was the killer! Betty Crocker has a lot to answer for!

I'm the same SmokeyEyes, finding the walking very tough some days. But still want to keep up some moderate exercise as I think it's good for body and soul. Just take it a lot slower than I normally would!

Are you finished up work for good MissFire? I'm so jealous! I still have three weeks left, but to be honest, I have decided I'm going to ask my doc if he'll sign me out a week early. Just getting very uncomfortable at my desk and find I'm massively swollen after a day in work.

I'm the same SmokeyEyes, finding the walking very tough some days. But still want to keep up some moderate exercise as I think it's good for body and soul. Just take it a lot slower than I normally would!

Are you finished up work for good MissFire? I'm so jealous! I still have three weeks left, but to be honest, I have decided I'm going to ask my doc if he'll sign me out a week early. Just getting very uncomfortable at my desk and find I'm massively swollen after a day in work.

I'm hoping I'm not finished up for good but my year contract is up in September (I got pregnant the week I started new job after years of trying for baby and two years trying to get job lol) I'm not really sure what way it works.. Hopefully they'll keep me on.. Fingers crossed.. But sure we'll see how it all works out..

I'm trying to keep up the walking too.. I'm walking up the hill at the start of walk now so by the time I'm completely knackered I'm coming back down the hill, hubby had to pick me up once or twice when I went down road first lol..

How's everyone getting on? Was back for scan on thurs and baby has gained a bit more weight but still behind average. Blood pressure is still a daily hassle but got taken off one of the meds as I was on max dose and it wasnt making any difference. I cant get over how much better I feel mentally since stopping taking it. It was making me so exhausted and weepy and I'm not an emotional person at all! I'm likely going to be induced next week so on bed rest now to get through last week.. so having some end in sight is also helping! I'm not very confident of the induction working as i'll be just shy of 37weeks but if it ends in c-section I dont care as long as babys ok. Cant believe this time next week I could be a mom!!

Oh my god Dustie, that's so exciting! Can't believe there could be an arrival next week. What weight are they saying your baby is? I was told last week that mine is the lower end of average but not small enough to worry about. It was 2.5kg or 5.5lbs at 36 weeks.

The current estimate is 5lb6oz but i've been having weekly scans and she's only gaining v small amounts each week. According to the standard curves its not under the lower limit but as there's always been big babies in my family (i was over 8lbs and my bro over 9lbs) the dr has said she is behind.. probably due to the high BP. Think its more the trend and the Ultrasound age is giving an EDD later and later each time.
    At this stage I just want to have it over with :) Dr said he could see her lungs moving on the ultrasound to happy with that.

That's good that her lungs look ok, that's the main thing. And 5lbs6 is a pretty good size if she came now. Mine was 4lbs at 32 and 5.5 at 36 so a bit under the 1/2lb per week recommended. But doctor wasn't worried, so I'm not going to worry. Also I don't think the estimated weights from ultrasounds are all that accurate. I've heard of so many people been told baby was big or small and then it being the opposite.

Glad you're feeling better since coming off the meds too, that must have been a pain on top of everything else.

• Advertisement

Oh wow dustie, fingers crossed everything goes well next week, I'm sure it will. You will have the best of care. It's amazing to think the June babies are starting to arrive!

My baby has been measuring a little smaller on scans all along too, but they're saying he's just a smaller baby rather than anything to worry about. And at this stage he's still the same week behind as he has been since 26 weeks so I'm not concerned.

All good otherwise, I'm just cranky and prone to be teary which is very unlike me. I'm kind of ready for pregnancy to be over now.

Cranky and teary here too! Find I'm worse at weekends when I don't have as many distractions. Find I have to make a major effort to do something/get out of the house, or else I find it all to easy to fall into a funk.

Ya my husband is ready for this pregnancy to be over too! I was a demon on the bp meds. cranky and crying at the drop of a hat. He said he could count on one hand how many times i'd cried in 8 years together so he found it very tough. But i'm feeling myself again thankfully. I've gotten strangely calm about the whole thing now.. poor hubbie is a ball of stress though. I'm kinda worried that he'll freak out and have to leave the labour room and i'll be on my own! He's not the best at handling stress

Wow Dustie amazing the end is nearly in sight, you must be so excited and relieved to get to the fun bit soon!

We had our antenatal class with Doreen Buckley yesterday, was the full day and a long day (feet were like hams after) but was very, very informative. She went through managing contractions at home, labour options, what our chart will show in labour, the pros and cons of different pain relief, recovery time and then on to all the basics about the baby. A huge amount to take in but we found it really interesting!

So in yet another twist to my pregnancy dramas, i was admitted to hospital last night for induction at 6am this morning. Was brought down to be examined at 6am and cervix wasnt anywhere near ready. To all the June mammies: if your cervix isnt ready dont let them do a sweep... soo painful and I limped back to ward! So based on that induction was cancelled as it was v unlikely to work and BP had stabilised a bit. So I'm home now and going to battle on and try and grow baby some more.
    I thought i'd be so upset as I wanted pregnancy to be over, but I when BP settled down and the pain the sweep made me realise i'm just not mentally prepared for labour!!

Ouch Dustie, that sounds painful. I'm due a sweep in two weeks, do they tell you that your cervix is/isn't favourable and can you stop at that stage? Would taking a couple of paracetamol help do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ouch Dustie, that sounds painful. I'm due a sweep in two weeks, do they tell you that your cervix is/isn't favourable and can you stop at that stage? Would taking a couple of paracetamol help do you think?

You can stop at any stage. Ask them to tell you your bishops score and ask them to explain it before going ahead with a sweep.

My cervix was unfavourable but as I'd had a baby before it was open enough for me to have my waters broken for induction so avoided the gel (they wouldn't have used it anyway because I had a previous c section), I ended up on oxytocin and with an emergency c section because my cervix just wouldn't play ball at all and baby went into distress.

Jeez Dustie you poor yoke but great your bp has stabilised and if it gives you a little more time to prepare for labour that's good!

To be honest I don't think I'll ever be ready and I think if you could start labour and back out at any point I'd be an extra 9 months getting it over with:D

I'm trying to stay upbeat about it because it's happening one way or the other and I know I'll be terrified but just trying to remind myself of how many women do it around the world every day....won't make a damn bit of difference when I'm in the middle of it though:eek:

Disappointed with my gp appointment today because my blood pressure was up for the first time, I know it's always more accurate when done by midwives in Rotunda so I'm trying not to worry about it until next Weds when I'm back in with them and consultant. Still two weeks ago was 110/81 and today was 126/92 which is highest lower number I've had. Hoping it was a fluke and I wasn't relaxed and reading wasn't great!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Smokey, I'm paranoid about my BP too as my sister had pre eclampsia. Did she use a machine or take it the old fashioned way with the stethoscope? The reason I ask is mine measured high twice last week on the machine but then was perfect when she took it manually. And my GP this week told me that the manual way is more accurate. Hopefully it's just a once off.

Advertisement