Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring an immersion switch!Help

Options
  • 17-10-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have installed a new Immersion and also got a new Immersion switch.....

newswitch.jpg

Now the problem is I aint no electrician I don't want burn the house down:(
    So I need a little help here.

Pictures included of Immersion and wires at previous stitch included...

http://imgur.com/a/yrTwS

Thanks in advance for the help guys;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

just pay someone to hook it up

there's no point feeding you instructions-you might get electrocuted

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Galwaysham

just pay someone to hook it up

there's no point feeding you instructions-you might get electrocuted

No fear of me getting electrocuted!!!!!!!

I just need to know what goes where....Hence the post/pictures

P.s Walkthrough please

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Take the live and nuetral from the fuse board to the L in and N in... Then the N out goes to the element which is in your 4 core flex...
    Then you take a small piece of cable from from L out to COM.... Then you put your sink into L1 and bath into L2.. They maybe mixed up but if you turn on and look at your meter and see which turns faster. The bath shud turn faster than the sink... Also you can test the resistance of the elelment to see which is which. I think the bath is 17ohms and the sink about 26 ohms.... Or you can use a clamp on meter to test the amps... The bath shud be about 12 amps or so and the sink about 8/9 amps....
    Like said previously... Make sure power is off and if ya not sure get an electrician to do it as electricirty kills......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

There was a post on here a few months ago asking similar have a search.

I think he also used an identical picture to the one you posted.

I've a pic for you but no idea how to upload them. I'll have a look now.

Try this : http://www.flickr.com/photos/98337547@N08/10343329593/

Take the live and nuetral from the fuse board to the L in and N in... Then the N out goes to the element which is in your 4 core flex...
    Then you take a small piece of cable from from L out to COM.... Then you put your sink into L1 and bath into L2.. They maybe mixed up but if you turn on and look at your meter and see which turns faster. The bath shud turn faster than the sink... Also you can test the resistance of the elelment to see which is which. I think the bath is 17ohms and the sink about 26 ohms.... Or you can use a clamp on meter to test the amps... The bath shud be about 12 amps or so and the sink about 8/9 amps....
    Like said previously... Make sure power is off and if ya not sure get an electrician to do it as electricirty kills......

Thank you....really good instructions.Just one question the "N out" which wires is that in the 4 core flex?Also the 2 earths I take it just 1 in each earth block?

• Advertisement

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    There was a post on here a few months ago asking similar have a search.

I think he also used an identical picture to the one you posted.

I've a pic for you but no idea how to upload them. I'll have a look now.

Try this : http://www.flickr.com/photos/98337547@N08/10343329593/

Cheers that helps

Galwaysham wrote: »
    Thank you....really good instructions.Just one question the "N out" which wires is that in the 4 core flex?Also the 2 earths I take it just 1 in each earth block?

N Out should be the blue wire in the 4 core flex. Yes one earth in each terminal or you can put the 2 in one if limited on cable length. If one of the earth cables is bare copper this needs to be covered. It should have a sheath over it but it may not.

N Out should be the blue wire in the 4 core flex. Yes one earth in each terminal or you can put the 2 in one if limited on cable length. If one of the earth cables is bare copper this needs to be covered. It should have a sheath over it but it may not.

T.I.L How to wire an Immersion:)Thanks again

Galwaysham wrote: »
    T.I.L How to wire an Immersion:)Thanks again

T.I.L (T.I.L) Had to google that one. I must be getting old.:eek:

T.I.L (T.I.L) Had to google that one. I must be getting old.:eek:

From Reddit:)

Reddit=
    All powerfull just not great on Irish wiring standards

• Advertisement