Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parent refusing to consent to a christening?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I have a 9 month old daughter, and I'm the father. Legally, I have joint guardianship and joint custody 'with primary care and responsibility'. Court gave me access to my daughter from Sunday - Friday, so all's good there.

My question is - I would like to get the child christened, but the mother refuses to consent to this. The reason she won't consent is simply because she wants to be difficult and to upset me - she will not discuss.

With religion being a guardianship issue, I contacted Treoir who advised me if there is no agreement, this will have to go before a judge. I then contacted a solicitor, and was told a judge won't make a decision on this. I spoke to the folk in the family court, and they told me they'd never come across this, and to contact a solicitor, and so I've been running round in circles.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, or is there anyone else I should be contacting :).. thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Essentially OP, this is a legal issue, you might need to contact a few solicitors before you find one who agrees to take your case. But because we cannot give legal advice on boards.ie I have to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement