Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a street stall in Limerick City any know what is needed?

• 17-10-2013 8:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone know or have ever done it?What you need

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

a bodyguard

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Would probably depend on where/when/what you were planning on doing,
    I think you need to talk to the city council for a casual trading licence. They might have rstrictions on where you could operate from. There's been talk of a market being set up on cruises street on saturdays, so that mighr help.

Other option is the milk market, but I believe that's pricey and there might be a waiting list. Google limerick market trustees for details of the market.
    Sorry I can't add anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The market seems to be very hard to get into

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Contact the Planning Dept in the City Council - they own all management of casual trading licences with the exception of the inside-section of the Milk Market - that's separately managed by a board of trustees.

If it's food that you are planning to sell, you'll need to get onto the HSE first - the Environmental Health Office (the Environmental Health Officers, a.k.a. health inspectors, work here) is on the Dock Road.
    Before being granted a licence, you'll need (off the top of my head):
    - HSE registration (if it's food)
    - Product Liability Insurance (if it's food)
    - Public Liability Insurance (any kind of stall)

The council will need proof of all of these before granting a casual trading licence. Might sound daunting but it's not that bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement