Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calvin harris and tiesto age restriction

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have bought tickets for myself and my son to go to the above concert. My son is 14 and I have since found out that there is an age restriction of over 16. I received an email today from ticketmaster to say that under 16s will be refused entry. My son is devastated. Should we just go ahead and hope for the best or should I get refund now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gdgd wrote: »
    I have bought tickets for myself and my son to go to the above concert. My son is 14 and I have since found out that there is an age restriction of over 16. I received an email today from ticketmaster to say that under 16s will be refused entry. My son is devastated. Should we just go ahead and hope for the best or should I get refund now?

Did it not say 16s on the ticket?..
    If entitled to a refund then yes take it..
    Its a dance gig MCD will i'd imagine be picky

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gdgd

Ahhhhh not what I wanted to hear!!!!!

I never noticed it on the ticket. I must check, I just printed it out and never checked. I had heard at the time for the standing it was over 16 but stupidly assumed that sitting with his 42 year old mum would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I really doubt you'll have any luck in getting a refund, as far as I know they will only refund tickets in the even of a cancellation or date change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gdgd

The email I got today said that I can get a refund up until the 31st October if a ticket has been bought for a person under age of 16.

I was going to chance going up and if refused entry, I am sure someone would buy the tickets outside. I have told my son to prepare himself. He is nearly 6ft tall and could pass for 16 maybe 17 so we could be lucky.

I am really trying to convince myself here. Really annoyed with myself for not checking properly first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

gdgd wrote: »
    He is nearly 6ft tall and could pass for 16 maybe 17

You have nothing to worry about, enjoy the show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You do know the majority of people there will be off their faces on narcotics.

Not a place Id advise bringing a 14 year old, dont mean to come off too preachy but just in case you didnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PrettyBoy wrote: »

The fact MCD and the o2 have both now said it after the tickets went on-sale, I'm assuming means they're serious..

You could chance it alright.. but it's v.rare they say ID will e checked.. especially at the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

you will be fine even if he looked 12 you'd be fine security wont care they will let in off their face 17 year old i dont imagine the will be worried about your son

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

mdwexford wrote: »

I don't think there'll be very many people on "narcotics" at a Tiesto gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

^^
    lol

• Advertisement

I don't think there'll be very many people on "narcotics" at a Tiesto gig.

Cocaine is legally a narcotic.

Either way my point is clear, least your humour attempt got an lol off someone eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭magicman88

Am indoor version of the Swedish house mafia gig I'd expect

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

magicman88 wrote: »
    Am indoor version of the Swedish house mafia gig I'd expect

Should be an enjoyable show then! I had an amazing time at SHM :D

Hopefully they will release some refunded tickets, I wouldn't mind going just to see GTA..

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Cocaine is legally a narcotic.

Either way my point is clear, least your humour attempt got an lol off someone eh.

Lol, get over yourself.

Lol, get over yourself.

I win, unlucky.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PrettyBoy wrote: »

You can't say this with any degree of certainty.

Not a place Id advise bringing a 14 year old, dont mean to come off too preachy but just in case you didnt know.

Way to stereotype.
    I win, unlucky.

This thread is closed because of this kind of crap.

To answer your question. If he hasn't got a garda id saying he's over 16 there's a good chance he's not getting in, regardless of who he's with. You can risk it if you want and try and sell the tickets if you fail to get in, or get a refund now. They are your options.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement