Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The beginning - New Business Idea

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have a business idea that I am thinking about...it's not a product more of a service.

I'd like to do some initial research to see if it's viable and I'm trying to figure out a start plan.

Some initial questions I have:

How do you perform research on what the public would pay for a service without revealing my idea or how does that work?

Coming up with a great name for the business, sadly i'm not as creative as I would like - are there any name generating software out there that can throw out some ideas based on key words etc.?

Where would i find demographic info. on the major cities - population figures etc.?

Broad range I know but would welcome ideas / thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Busybumble1

dare2dream wrote: »
    I have a business idea that I am thinking about...it's not a product more of a service.

I'd like to do some initial research to see if it's viable and I'm trying to figure out a start plan, can

Some initial questions I have:

How do you perform research on what the public would pay for a service without revealing my idea or how does that work?

Coming up with a great name for the business, sadly i'm not as creative as I would like - are there any name generating software out there that can throw out some ideas based on key words etc.?

Where would i find demographic info. on the major cities - population figures etc.?

Broad range I know but would welcome ideas / thoughts...

Hi great to see people setting their own business up.

CSO would be valuable for research in terms of town population and demographics.

Speak to close friends re advice on product. Act sooner rather than later as a few ideas I have had have been done successfully by someone else due to procrastinating on my behalf

Pm me if you would like more advice :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I'd recommend going to a site like http://www.letshost.ie and look to see if the web address for your product/company is available. Otherwise you might end up with one name for your company and a different name for the website.
    I know you don't have a name yet, but that might help you to rule names in or out.

Approach the city/county enterprise boards for help. They can help you a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Try www.nameboy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

Thanks for the links, I'll check those out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ricko77

If you would like to give a hint of the service, I may be able to advise you

• Advertisement

It's an entertainment service - appreciate any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If its something you could host in a bar or club I think many would be willing to give you a Monday or Tuesday night to try it out as they are probably pretty quiet those nights.

Yes, that's what i'm thinking also - thanks !!

Advertisement