Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arctic MC001

• 17-10-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have one of these HTPC's and it is mostly setup at this stage, but I have some questions - maybe someone can help...

It's got Openelec XBMC V12 on it. Also have TVHeadend installed.

1. Does anyone know how to wake the unit to record something from TV, either from complete shutdown or even from standby?

2. Possibly related to the above - I just check my BIOS and the time was set to an hour ahead, so I set it back an hour to the correct time. Then I booted XBMC and checked the time region and it was set to UK - and was one hour ahead. So I changed it to Ireland/Dublin, and it is still one hour ahead!
    I had to set it to Iceland to correct it.
    Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Unable to solve the above but are Arctic still manufacturing units that can be used as HTPCs? Everything seems to be no longer available on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 E90

Five Lamps wrote: »
    Unable to solve the above but are Arctic still manufacturing units that can be used as HTPCs? Everything seems to be no longer available on their site.

I bought it a few months ago from Amazon so I'm not sure if they are still going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

1. Does anyone know how to wake the unit to record something from TV, either from complete shutdown or even from standby?

This might be of interest ....

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/57476-wakeontimer-suspend-mode-addon-for-openelectvheadend

Advertisement