Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flickering outdoor lights

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I have installed a few outdoor lights recently, there are 3 different circuits. When I went to turn them on they started to flicker constantly so I turned them off straight away and went to check all the connections. I noticed that the neutral I have used is borrowed from a cable that I had outside for the past year I had intended for Electric Gates and it may have gotten wet. When I turn on any of the lighting circuits the RCD tripped within a minute or less.

Any help would be great??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

have you borrowed a neutral off an rcd protected circuit then...

and your phase is off a regular lighting way?

it'll trip straight away if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

have you borrowed a neutral off an rcd protected circuit then...

and your phase is off a regular lighting way?

it'll trip straight away if that's the case

I'll check again in the morning but it looks like I may have borrowed the neutral from the RCD circuit. If this is true I'll let you know.

Big Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are they Christmas lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Yes I borrowed the neutral from the RCD protected circuit, I switch it now and its all working perfectly.

Thanks lads

Advertisement