Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Month Ban from after hours - Appeal

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

I've already discussed this with whoopsadaisydoodles in advance, and given she's sticking to her gun's I'm opening an appeal here ..

In the past I've been infracted, and banned from after hours, always duely deserved. After the last banning, I endeavoured to change my posting style to follow the rules and prevent such a banning again.

Today's banning i feel is over the top,
    Moderator Note

Taking the piss out of a mod warning. General sleezy flirting which you've been warned about enough times.
    My comment to Liz was neither Flirtatious nor was it ment in any sarcastic or comedic format, I'm away she's not in the country, and my comment was simply one in relation to this, and to her return..

whoopsadaisydoodles however took this as me 'Taking the piss out of a mod warning'

The 'General sleezy flirting' was addressed by Liz, and was more then enough to remind us all to take any thing flirtatious to PM ...

I found the modding on the thread to be of an obvious double standard, with others asking for numbers, etc... and nothing being said.. however once another poster replys to my innocent post its immediately branded as General sleezy flirting

Overall, I feel that the ban's are often handed out without a second though in terms of how a member has repented, the numerous post's both in AH and other sections carry no weight when it comes to the one wrong doing ..

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello,
    This is your 5th ban from AH.

You've also had a few other mod interactions so we're looking at your history thinking, this guy had not exactly responded well to mod intervention.

Now onto the specific indicent.
    A mod warning on thread:
    LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Keep the flirting to PM.

This is something words have been had about in the past.
    You decided to respond to the mod warning with this:
    I dont say this often enough .. but i miss your smile LiZ !!!

I i might quote from the awesome player ..
    Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
    There was something in everything about you

So you quoted the mod warning and ignored it to continue to post in a manner which has been contra-indicated, both on-thread and personally to you many times.

For this you got a ban. The reason for the ban length is your history of creating problems in AH.

I don't really see what you want me to re-check here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

So you quoted the mod warning and ignored it to continue to post in a manner which has been contra-indicated, both on-thread and personally to you many times.

By Informing Liz she's missed ! albeit in an amusing yet not flirty nor none abusive way ..

As I already stated, My behaviour since the last ban is being ignored, and I'm being punished simply based on past transgressions..

By Informing Liz she's missed ! albeit in an amusing yet not flirty nor none abusive way ..
    While quoting a mod warning specifically asking posters to avoid flriting.

Look what you posted. That is the end of the semantic debate. You flew too close to the sun on wings of flirting, and the sun, in this case the mod of after hours, slapped you down out of the sky with a justified ban.
    As I already stated, My behaviour since the last ban is being ignored, and I'm being punished simply based on past transgressions..
    Which ban is the last ban? The last last one? Or the one before that? Or the one before that?

Your argument doesn't really stack up when you look at what you did and what you have done in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

While quoting a mod warning specifically asking posters to avoid flriting.

Look what you posted. That is the end of the semantic debate. You flew too close to the sun on wings of flirting, and the sun, in this case the mod of after hours, slapped you down out of the sky with a justified ban.

I'm sorry but how is this the end of the debate ? Should i go speak to Dav about this now ? You are punishing me Directly for yes quoting a mod's warning, but my reply was neither flirtatious nor abusing ...

Which ban is the last ban? The last last one? Or the one before that? Or the one before that?

Your argument doesn't really stack up when you look at what you did and what you have done in the past.

Once again, you're just highlighted that, regardless of penalty, time served etc, once you are an offender no matter how hard or long you behave you will always be judged based on this alone, as opposed to the time spent being helpful ..

As I have alluded to above, I assume you are done with this and will move on up the chain ...

Yes. Not wanting to waste any further time, I am happy with the ban and the ban length and request an admin intervention at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Talking to me via my personal, non-work related Twitter account is not a good start.

I see no grounds for appeal here, you're trouble, you've been sanctioned in the past for being trouble and now you're trying to claim that you're not when I'm looking at the words you typed and you're trying to tell us that black is white?

"Time spent being helpful" is not even remotely the same as "time not spent causing more stress" and besides, it was less than 5 months since your last ban (less than 3 months before that, less than 2 months before that). I'd maybe give you some credit if it'd been 2 years.

I don't know why you haven't been permanently banned, you're clearly a pest to the AH mod team.

Ban stands, case closed. If you don't want to be treated like a trouble maker, don't be a trouble maker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement