Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top floor in 'Lymewood Mews' Santry

Options
  • 17-10-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

I'm planning on buying an apt in the complex but just wondering if anyone can advise on the condition of the top floor apts - are well isolated, no flooding etc.

Thanks a mill for any comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Seriously? You are worried about a top floor apartment flooding? May I ask why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seriously? You are worried about a top floor apartment flooding? May I ask why?

I've lived in a top floor apartment in Santry (well... Ballymun, Santry Cross) and been affected by flooding! Stupid lift was never boxed off properly so anytime it rained the thing was out of order... the stairs were exposed to the elements so were a freaking liability when it rained...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

What is the quality of apartments there? Is this a quiet neighbourghood?

I would be grateful for any tip.

Many thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

natali1982 wrote: »
    What is the quality of apartments there?

Its difficult to say..the apartments are pretty new on the scheme of things so if there was a problem with pyrite etc it might not manifest itself just yet.

My personal opinion is never,ever buy an apartment,especially a new build...they are usually wretchedly built with noise pollution,lack of natural light,lack of space etc etc...in addition you can shortly expect a glut of apartments to hit the market thus lowering thier "value" even further.

However it's your call and it's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

chopper6 wrote: »
    Its difficult to say..the apartments are pretty new on the scheme of things so if there was a problem with pyrite etc it might not manifest itself just yet.

My personal opinion is never,ever buy an apartment,especially a new build...they are usually wretchedly built with noise pollution,lack of natural light,lack of space etc etc...in addition you can shortly expect a glut of apartments to hit the market thus lowering thier "value" even further.

However it's your call and it's up to you.

Really? Where?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

He's probably referring to those bought as buy to lets where mortgages have been in arrears and Banks are now free to go after them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

ror_74 wrote: »
    He's probably referring to those bought as buy to lets where mortgages have been in arrears and Banks are now free to go after them.

Yes..and also NAMA has a large stock of apartments belonging to defaulters.

The only way to recoup even some of this money is to sell,sell,sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

chopper6 wrote: »
    Yes..and also NAMA has a large stock of apartments belonging to defaulters.

The only way to recoup even some of this money is to sell,sell,sell.

There is currently a high demand for rental properties in Dublin. City Centre anyway. It would be ideal if Nama rented these out and became the countries biggest Landlord, creating a rental experience similar to that on the continent.

OP, as an apartment owner myself,I'd advise most people against buying one if you have or are planning a family. The majority aren't built with families in mind, more for ( renting ) transient singles and couples. The starter home is a load of marketing nonsense. I'm sure you have considered this and you have your reasons but buying a house is almost always the better option .

Advertisement